“Older place but very comfortable”
Review of The Acorn

The Acorn
The Acorn
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Don't just drive by this older motel. Not much to look at, although it is well maintained on the inside and out. Very clean!! Plenty of room! Comfortable beds. Excellent Price! Will stay here again! New TV, wifi, great water pressure, microwave and mini fridge. Staff was extremely pleasant!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Very comfortable basic room for a great price compared to other local lodging. Freshly painted and clean, new king bed, great shower, air worked well. I've paid a lot more and gotten a lot less. Friendly manager. Across the street from best coffee and breakfast shop in town, but arrive early! Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Great rate. King-size bed (comfortable and apparently new) clean and new carpet, new bedspread, new tv. Very clean room and new towels. Fridge and microwave. This is an older motel, much older, but we had zero complaints. I believe owners may have read some of the criticisms and addressed them all at least in our room. The linoleum and grout in bathroom are older as to be expected and no cool showerhead but great water pressure. A/C worked well too Major bang for buck and we were very happy with every aspect of room. Friendly customer service and front desk. Repeatedly asked if we were happy, needed anything etc. The highly rated Blue Ridge Biscuit is a walk across the street. The quaint and fun Dairy King is less than a block away and downtown is a 1 minute ride. So great location and also easy access to Asheville.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I was on my way to Cherokee for vacation and between the rain, darkness, cold weather and crazy cagers I needed a place to crash. Most hotels were booked or $125+ so I pulled into the Acorn. Parked my bike right in front of my room and slept. It is an older facility and dated but the price is more than agreeable, I saw the owners up bright and early cleaning the rooms so it is being taken care of. Woke up, grabbed a motorcycle map "they have really good maps" and left. Thank you to the woman at the desk who gave me her only bottle of water btw.

Biker Friendly

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2016

This is my first stay at the Acorn. It was clean, neat, the tiled shower was gianormous. Water pressure very good. Will stay here again good value and close to all activities downtown. The room was made up quickly while we were across the street having breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family