“Perfect B&B - Walk to everything in downtown Black Mountain!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Black Mountain
The Inn Around The Corner
Reviewed 5 September 2007

My best friend and I stayed at The Inn Around The Corner over Labor Day weekend and were very pleasantly surprised! I could not find any reviews online, so I was very skeptical of booking this B&B, but I am so glad I took my chances! Roger and Nancy were very hospitable, and they thought of everything--extras in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath salts, body wash, makeup removing wipes, blow dryer), homemade cookies hung on your door every evening, and complimentary snacks and drinks just to name a few.

BREAKFAST:
-1st morning - blackberry stuffed French toast, sausage, fresh fruit, and a fresh fruit smoothie
-2nd morning - egg soufflé w/ feta and sun dried tomatoes, a homemade peach turnover, fresh fruit and yogurt
Everything was delicious and the presentation was amazing!

ROOMS:
We were in the Summertime room, which had 1 king and 1 twin bed. All rooms have private baths. Ours also had access to the upstairs front porch with rocking chairs, 2 swings, and bed!! I thought this was a deal for $120/night considering that the basic chain hotels in Asheville are almost that much! The room was very CLEAN and cozy and included all the necessities. For TV lovers, there was no TV in our room, but there was a living room downstairs with one. We did get a chance to look at some of the other rooms, and our favorites were the Eagles Nest (only room on the 3rd floor, more private) and the Hugging Oak Hideaway (the suite at the back of the inn with a private entrance).

Only downside: This is a B&B, and it is an old house….that being said, if you are one to want to sleep in all morning it may be a little loud for you (folks getting up early and walking down the hall or having breakfast may wake you). The house was very quiet during the day when everyone was out and about, but the mornings were a little loud by 8:30 or so. The Eagles Nest room on the 3rd floor would be perfect for you if this is your vacation style – the couple staying there didn’t hear anything on the main floor!

You can easily walk to all the cute shops and restaurants in Black Mountain. We had dinner one night at Our Fathers on the outdoor patio - the artichoke salad and the stromboli were both very good. The Dripolater coffee house was cute and homey feeling--great place to sit, relax, drink coffee or smoothies, and eat fresh desserts.

I would highly recommend Black Mountain and The Inn Around the Corner to Asheville and Biltmore Visitors because it was only about a 15 minute drive and it’s a perfect little mountain town away from the hustle and bustle of Asheville!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)