“Spectacular”

Black Mountain Bistro
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

After a long day of careening around mountain roads it was nice to see a great place open for "tweeen" lunch and dinner
We sat outside on the porch delightful and ordered the Local Cheese plate
Ok.... you know when You buy cheese it comes in a wedge costing $$
Well this is Looking Glass Creamery cheese in a huge wedge (3 kinds) and delicious!!
We then had the seafood chowder followed by Salmon and Filet
Not disappointed at all
Highly recommend this beautiful spot
Next to the visitors center in downtown Black Mountain

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We were scouting out a restaurant to cater a small dinner for us in a few months. Decided to check this place out and were so glad we did. We had a fantastic lunch. I had the chicken wrap that had chicken and spinach and strawberries and a yummy dressing. It was light and full of flavor. I also tried the lobster bisque which was hands down the best I have ever had.....full of chunks of lobster meat. I am drooling thinking about it. My fiance had the chicken salad sandwich and cucumber and tomato salad. Both were tasty. Finally we tried two of their cakes. The chocolate layer cake was out of this world. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our experience so much we are using them to cater our dinner for our wedding. Can't wait. I am certain in will be awesome!! May have to go back up there beforehand for another great meal!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Looked online for a place to stop for lunch in Black Mountain while traveling through. Saw the positive reviews and menu and thought we would give them a try. I ordered the pecan and pineapple chicken salad which was dry as a bone and I am not sure I ever tasted either the pineapple or pecan in it! My husband ordered the meatloaf which he though was dense, flavorless and old. He also had green beans which he is sure were from a can and odd tasting coleslaw. Really cute setting, lovely porch and patio but when we decided our ice water and ice tea were the highlight of the meal you know something is wrong!

Amy L, Owner at Black Mountain Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

I am sorry you did not enjoy your meal. If you had told us you were not happy with you meals when you were there we would have made you something else. The chicken salad and the cold slaw are made fresh daily and the meatloaf is usually a favorite and we use fresh green beans. I would like to offer you a gift card or refund since you were not happy please email if you are interested. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Great grouper Reuben sandwiches. The clam chowder was unique but very tasty. Great friendly service. Will come back for dinner

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Dinner started off great with a tasty scallop appetizer and it was all downhill from there! Waited over 40 minutes for our entree , the 2 blackberry BBQ porkchops with apple potato hash. Got 1 thick chop that was raw in the middle. Asked to have it cooked more, when brought back it was burnt to a crisp on one side and had no more sauce left on it. The potato hash appeared to be frozen hash browns with a few chunks of apple in it and was cold second time around. When I asked for more BBQ sauce was brought a small bowl with cold sauce. My bill reflected a full charge for the disastrous pork chop and was offered a few dollars off if I wanted to buy a dessert! Won't be going back anytime soon. Maybe if they get a new chef!,