“Now Even Better with New Patio Seating and Expanded Indoor Seating. YAY!”
Review of Coyote Kitchen

Coyote Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: South West Caribbean Soul Food. Specializing in Gluten Free dining. Small locally owned and operated restaurant, with a focus on food and service. Outdoor dining, and catering available. Large selection of NC beers available.
Reviewed 21 March 2018

So how does one make a great place even better? For Coyote Kitchen you add an amazing Patio area and you expand the indoor area so even more folks can enjoy the amazing tastes and wonderful atmosphere that only Coyote can serve up. This is by far my favorite place in Boone. I have to admit that I am stuck on the Taos Boat, with the amazing combination of flavors (which I would have never thought to mix together) is always a treat to the palate. The service is always friendly and prompt. I am not into spicy foods so I always get the Chipotle Cream Cheese on the side but last time I substituted the cream cheese for sour cream and it knocked the Taos Boat out of sight and right into my very happy tummy. Coyote Kitchen is worth the wait should there be a wait time. The place is also family friendly with unisex bathrooms and a changing table, so it made it easy to change my infant during our visit. My partner and I can easily eat a full meal for less than $30 including drinks. The salsas are great too. I do not enjoy spicy so I get the Mango Salsa that has some kick but is still mild enough to make me happy. Everything is great here and they have no problem substituting or omitting something if you wish. Come enjoy the beautiful High Country area from the patio area. Coyote Kitchen just keeps getting better. It would be nice if they had lunch specials and I would like to see regular cream cheese as an addition to the menu because I have reheated my Taos leftovers and added regular cream cheese and it is amazing. The pineapple upside down cake was AWESOME too but they removed it from the menu )-: Aside from the pineapple cake, this place is AMAZING as always.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I haven’t visited Coyote Kitchen for a few years. We were excited to see all the additional space, which really had a positive impact upon our visit.
The food is unique and very filling! Tasty, with some unique blends of flavors. I actually ordered my bowl extra spicy, and the chef or cook staff came through with a great spicy bowl for me!
I’d recommend CK to anyone looking for something different but healthy!

My only question is: why redesign your eating area with a narrow entry and exit area that clogs traffic moving both in and out of the restaurant???

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The service was nice and friendly, not so professional. The food had a really good taste and also good price!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Love their twist on old favorites. Try any of their burritos or bowls. You will be surprised by how the flavors stay true to their heritage but have been wonderfully bent to the uniques and flavorfully fun.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The food sounds better than it tastes. This is a very popular restaurant but I’m not sure why. The food is oddly seasoned and inconsistent. Service is great but the flavors are not well developed or well balanced . . . I’d like to love this place but . . . .