“Very tasty food”

Ranked #11 of 157 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: South West Caribbean Soul Food. Specializing in Gluten Free dining. Small locally owned and operated restaurant, with a focus on food and service. Outdoor dining, and catering available. Large selection of NC beers available.
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I ate here with my wife and 2 small kids. The atmosphere was good, but I was amazed by how delicious the food was.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

So this place is striving for Latin / island fusion ? I think the menu needs a makeover . I asked for the fried plantain appetizer . I thought it was chips by the description . The waitress corrected me and said it was plantain slices . Ok same idea right ? No what I got was Maduro . Fried sweet plantain . I love them ! And they were prepared well , but a totally different kind of plantain .
What I did like were the vegan options ! My wife ordered a bowl with tofu and some other sautéed veggies that was fantastic

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We were pleased with our meals, but the service was a little slow. We had a hamburger, two bowls, and a salad.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Take out was good. Food was tasty. Nice sized portions. Tacos, bowls, boats, and burritos. Vegetarian options available.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

So how does one make a great place even better? For Coyote Kitchen you add an amazing Patio area and you expand the indoor area so even more folks can enjoy the amazing tastes and wonderful atmosphere that only Coyote can serve up. This is by far my favorite place in Boone. I have to admit that I am stuck on the Taos Boat, with the amazing combination of flavors (which I would have never thought to mix together) is always a treat to the palate. The service is always friendly and prompt. I am not into spicy foods so I always get the Chipotle Cream Cheese on the side but last time I substituted the cream cheese for sour cream and it knocked the Taos Boat out of sight and right into my very happy tummy. Coyote Kitchen is worth the wait should there be a wait time. The place is also family friendly with unisex bathrooms and a changing table, so it made it easy to change my infant during our visit. My partner and I can easily eat a full meal for less than $30 including drinks. The salsas are great too. I do not enjoy spicy so I get the Mango Salsa that has some kick but is still mild enough to make me happy. Everything is great here and they have no problem substituting or omitting something if you wish. Come enjoy the beautiful High Country area from the patio area. Coyote Kitchen just keeps getting better. It would be nice if they had lunch specials and I would like to see regular cream cheese as an addition to the menu because I have reheated my Taos leftovers and added regular cream cheese and it is amazing. The pineapple upside down cake was AWESOME too but they removed it from the menu )-: Aside from the pineapple cake, this place is AMAZING as always.

1  Thank HelloItsMe213