“Great stay--was too short!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Hidden Valley Motel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed 26 April 2017

I stayed in room number one right by the old cars. It was only for one night while I traveled for work. This place is small, quiet, and very cute! The garden and decorations really make the place. The people who run it were very kind and gave me thoughtful answers and suggestions to my questions about where to eat and things to see while I was there. I thought the price was fair for the room and it is actually one of the most affordable places in the Boone area. The only thing that I would change/suggest would be if they could have at least one or two rooms available that are pet friendly. Since I was travelling for work, I was by myself. However, when I travel for fun, I often have my dog with me! I would love to stay here again but I am not sure when I will have the opportunity to since there's a good chance I will have my dog with me.

Room Tip: small, quiet, locally owned
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Amanda thank you for your thoughtful review, we enjoy our guests and hope all find us friendly and the facility clean and attractive, always our goal to be affordable for a nice place as well and always trying to improve.

I can appreciate the needs of yourself and others that sometimes travel with a pet, however being tiny, only 8 rooms and those divided into 3 different room types there are only so many ways I can cut the pie, throw in our own allergies and those of some guests we chose the route of non-smoking and no pets.

I would however be glad to suggest other properties (larger) that do have accommodations for guests travelling furry friends. Another option may be Blue Ridge Veterinary Clinic, they are just up the street from us and were able to accommodate the pet of a previous guest, really nice folks in my opinion.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Having looked for this type of mom and pop motel on Trip Advisor we decided to stay here this Easter weekend for my 64th birthday. It was everything I had envisioned, and More! Our room had Just been remodeled and I found out the family who owns it, does the work. The decorating, woodworking, all is excellent, down to every detail. The mattress was firm and comfortable. We put our food in the fridge,as we didn't want to spend $ to eat out all the time. I made coffee each morning and went outside to view the garden. This time of year there's only a few things blooming, but I can see that in the summer it will be lovely. It's quiet, and not a far ride into Boone, with it's great and reasonably priced shops. We plan on returning in the Fall. I'm recommending this motel to everyone! Thanks for taking care of your motel.

Room Tip: There's only about 10 rooms total. They all look great, and are decorated like a home.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thanks Miss Linda for your visit and taking your time to write a review for others. Hope it was a happy birthday. We still have a few additions in mind for your room before you return in the fall to finish out our decorating ideas. Thanks again for staying with us and sending your friends our way. Jim & Family

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Whenever I'm in the mountains, I try to seek out places to stay that enhance the experience of where I am. A lot of hotels are so cookie cutter and generic that it is nice to find a gem such as Hidden Valley. Not only did my room have that country feel, but it was impeccably clean and very comfortable. I love how they upgraded the room without loosing the character of the place. Although located just off of Highway 105, it was quiet. Wonderful places to eat and places to see lay just up the road. Will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at Hidden Valley Motel and taking the time to provide your kind comments for others. We enjoy being mom and pop and trying to create a little more than just a room and a bed hoping that guests find it more of a family visit with friends. Thanks again, Jim & Family

Reviewed 26 March 2017

If you haven’t seen your aunt and uncle in awhile, you’re sure to see them at the Hidden Valley Motel. That’s because Jim and Maxine treat everyone like family, and that’s no exaggeration. You couldn’t find a warmer welcome from a sweeter couple if you ran a contest for a Bahamas Cruise and a twenty-pound ham. Everything at Hidden Valley is brimming with personality, from the cute decorations to the gigantic front garden to the cat that runs the front office.

The room was charming and quiet with a very comfortable bed — just what the doctor ordered. Jim told us that if ‘anything’ needed adjustment, fixing or just plain "whatever", he’d be there in two seconds to fix it. We were certain he was serious.

If you’re in the area, make sure to stay at the Hidden Valley Motel – it will be an honest, feel-good experience.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frozenred

Thanks Frozenred, we appreciate your staying with us and your kind comments. Our goal is that you feel you were coming home to family for a relaxing visit. Thanks again, Jim & Family

Reviewed 27 February 2017

The Hidden Valley Motel is a great place to hide away from the madding crowd. It is a very peaceful place with personal touches from the owners. We stayed at Hidden Valley for the second time and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1969pl2017

Thank you for staying with us at Hidden Valley Motel and taking your time to write a review. Jim & Family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
11 km away
10.9 km away
Sleep Inn Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
#3 of 18 in Boone

Been to Hidden Valley Motel? Share your experiences!