“Really Good Eats”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Folks if you are looking for really good home food, great service, good 50's music, and a good price, this is the place to go. We ate there a few nights ago and had a very good meal. Just plain good cooking. I had meat loaf with a couple of veggies, my wife had grilled cheese and soup. Our friends had fish and a hamburger steak and gravy.

It is truly a Diner! Don't expect fine dining, but do expect fine eating. We will go back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I always eat here a least once while in Boone. Food is great and service is excellent. Deserts are good. Never had a bad meal here. Parking is no problem.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We ate breakfast here before hitting the road back to Florida. It has a friendly feel and our service was excellent. My Spanish omelet was memorable and my husband loved the Big Daddy breakfast. Quality ingredients for sure in this place!

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We were in Boone for breakfast and tried Troy’s.
Great local diner atmosphere with great service.
Sydney was our waitress and she was very polite, helpful, and kept our coffee and water full. My wife and I both had veggie omelettes with a side of sirloin tips. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I have only been to this diner 3 times so far since moving to this area. I had breakfast once and a burger each of the other two times. Today was one of those burger days. The service is very friendly, the atmosphere is casual and comfortable, and the food is reliably good.

The burger is 1/2 pound, so you won't leave hungry. It was tender, had a lot of flavor, and the standard toppings were perfect. I also opted for onion rings instead of fries. They serve battered rings instead of breaded ones. I definitely prefer the battered ones and these were cooked to perfection and there were plenty of them.

It is great to have really good food, but it always boosts my rating when the service is fast and friendly too...and it was.

This is a great alternative to the chains in the area. I highly recommend it.