“Anniversary Dinner”

Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Here at The Peddler Steak House it is all about the steak! At The Peddler Steakhouse, you will see your Ribeye custom cut right at your table! The Ribeye is The Peddler's signature steak and is always cooked to perfection! If you are not in a Ribeye kind of mood, the Peddler steak house offers a variety of beef. Everything from slow cooked Prime Rib to succulent "cut with your fork" filets. The Peddler also offers a variety of other selections like seafood, an extensive salad bar, and a light eaters menu.
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Wife and I celebrated our 33rd at the Peddler in Boone. Agreed, it is priced on the higher side, but considering the ambience, quality and service, we were satisfied with our meal.I had the Signature Ribeye,my wife the Kabobs, but were prepared as ordered. The waitress and staff were excellent, great prices on drinks and a decent not exceptional salad bar.There was a wait for the meal,however, we enjoyed the time celebtrating away from home.

1  Thank glynr34

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We just don’t get the good reviews. Worst restaurant experience we’ve ever had. An overpriced steakhouse that can’t cook a steak, horrible cuts of meat which they wheel around. We both had to return our meals. Worst salad bar I have ever seen. We should of walked out as soon as we saw the prices. We would not eat here again if the gave us a dinner free. How this place is still in business is a big mystery to us.

Tristan M, Owner at Peddler Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

It is quite clear you didn't like the Peddler, but very unclear why. Was your steak over/under cooked? Why do you say the cuts of meat on the cart were horrible? What, specifically, was wrong with the salad bar?

I really would like to address your concerns, but I really don't understand what they are, except that you don't like the Peddler.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I am a fan of Alabama so Roll Tide! Roll Peddler! The Boone N.C. Peddler Steakhouse is second only to Tide Football for consistently being Championship caliber restaurant. I thought I would get the same in Hickory you can read my post on Hickory I was wrong. My most recent visit was this past Friday to Boone Peddler. I want to assure everyone reading this post that I am only comparing apples to apples. The Peddler Filet vs. Filet from any other restaurant. I don't eat any other type of cut of meat so I cant speak about other cuts of steak. I have eaten steak from these restaurants steakhouses I am going to list: Longhorns, Bennigan's , Columbia, outback, Texas Roadhouse, Ponderosa, Sizzler, Lone Star, Logan's, Sagebrush. There are a few that I cant remember. Full disclosure it has been long time since I ate steak from all but one of the listed. Longhorns steak house. Once I discovered Longhorns for 20 years I only ate steak from Longhorns. I moved to Boone Area two years ago. Because the nearest Longhorns was in Hickory I tried to Boone Peddler Steakhouse. What an incredibly lucky payoff that I got to experience the Filet steak at Boone Peddler Steakhouse. After 20 years of Longhorns it was like the Boy in the Bubble was given a chance to experience life outside the bubble. I have a special needs son that has limited diet and only eats certain foods. He will only eat the steak and nothing else so salad, no side vegetables. For the past several years once my son had growth spurt and shot up to 6'3" and 300 plus pounds. Until I took him to Peddler we had to buy 2 steaks because Longhorns only offers 6,8, or 10 ounce filet. My son can eat the entire 20 ounce steak as the one in the picture I posted. Unlike Longhorns the Peddler Steakhouse allows us to order a 20 ounce steak and not have to order two steaks. My son who is more picky about his food always cleans his plate at Peddler but there is always some leftover fatty parts at Longhorns. So, it is my personal opinion that after eating steaks from many places The Boone Peddler Steakhouse is National Champions in steak and consistently produces the #1 steak Filet in the country. The Filet steak at the Boone Peddler is superior in taste appearance, and consistency. Ok now that I have discussed the steak lets talk about staff. At Longhorns you get seated by host and assigned a wait person. You know what I mean when I say at every other restaurant when you need something you have to ask a passing by staff " can you please get me some butter or anything" the answer you get is I will tell your waiter or waitress. Customer service is a lost and forgotten art everywhere but the Boone Peddler. Every single staff member from the front of the House to the back of the house prepares everything for the front staff deserves 5 Star reward for service. I want to applaud the staff that I interacted with on Friday January 5, 2018. Jessica was our primary waitress Megan the Manager, Bower (who has taken care of us in the past) Mckayla, Henry (the grill master) and all the staff working the dining room. Unlike every other steak house when you go to Boone Peddler you never have time to ask for anything because every single person is a team player that looks at every table as they pass by and get you anything you might need. My son said they are serial fillers meaning that your glass is never empty they fill it before it ever gets empty. You can only give 5 stars on google review but in my mind Boone Peddler gets double stars for their customer service, consistency, quality, and commitment to excellence. If I ever move from the Boone area I can assure you my vacation and every chance I could to make a trip to Boone the priority would be to visit Boone Peddler. I know this was a long novel but I hope it helps you understand the superior experience you will have at Boone Peddler over any other steakhouse.

Jessica W, Team member at Peddler Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We appreciate your kind words and loyalty. We look forward to having you and your son back in the future! Roll Tide!

Reviewed 6 January 2018

My husband and I eat her a couple of times a year. We just went for the New Year and the food and service was great. We had no wait time was seated right away. The key to not having to wait is go right when they open or after 7 most nights. We did set in the front and it was kind of cold because of all the glass. The soup and salad is always so good. We always order the filet and it never fails us. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I have been to this steak house many times. We stop every time we go to Blowing Rock, NC Located in Boone, NC only minutes from Blowing Rock. They hand-cut you steak at the table. Several people with us ordered an 8oz cut and were pleased but I ordered a 12oz and it was a better steak...cooked perfectly and the service was exceptional. The salad bar alone is worth eating here with French Onion soup/bread/fresh grated Parmesan cheese oh,oh,oh so good. The bar also had unusual salad toppings including Caviar, smoked Oysters, artichokes and well all good stuff. Good prices for what you get. Well satisfied!

Jessica W, Team member at Peddler Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thanks for your kind review!