“Delightful Place”

Melanie's Food Fantasy
Ranked #9 of 160 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Melanie's is a tradition in downtown Boone serving breakfast and lunch seven days a week. We source all of our bread, eggs and burgers locally as well as other items when we can. We have an eclectic and creative menu serving food made from scratch. We are sensitive to vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diners.
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Nice quaint place in the downtown area of Boone. Napkins are cloth of many different materials adding to the eclectic atmosphere. Ice tea is a fruity herbal tea and was excellent. We enjoyed brunch as we ordered a combination of sandwiches and breakfast. Sandwiches were very good with a nice choice of sides (fruit, soup, potatoes, etc.). The Omelette included home fries spiced with chili and paprika so very flavorful. The omelette itself had a plain taste but the sides but up for the lack of flavor.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Cute place to go for brunch in downtown Boone near Appalachian State University. We enjoyed poached eggs, scratch made biscuits, multigrain pancakes, grits, and bacon. My Rasberry Green tea was served in an adorable personal tea press. Short wait on the weekend. Cozy atmosphere and friendly service.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Honest to goodness the best breakfast I have ever had!! Can't wait to try their lunch menu next time!! Will be back!!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

My parents and I went to Melanie’s for lunch. There was a little bit of a wait since they were busy, but once we were seated it didn’t take long for the food to come. I ordered an I omelette (which took up half the plate and could be split easily), and it was very good. The best thing about my meal, though, was the home fries! I don’t know what they did to them, but I have never seen or eaten anything like them. Very good!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Stopped in at lunchtime, but decided to order an omelette with spinach that came with home fries and bread. Wow, a large plate of goodness for sure. The Omelette was well done with fresh spinach and very large. The home fries were also well seasoned and hot. I chose Apple butter to go on my bread and it was some of the best I ever had.
Small tables, but big portions make this a return soon place. Parking is on the street at a meter, but it's worth the trouble to go in this little place.