Sleep Inn Bryson City - Cherokee Area(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$90
Relax Inn(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$65
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

Nantahala Village(Bryson City)
US$169
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

Folkestone Inn(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$128
Rosewood Inn(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$81
Nantahala Cabins(Bryson City)
US$160
US$128
US$175
Two Rivers Lodge(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$69
Lloyds on the River Country Inn(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$89
All reviewscontinental breakfastfront desk personfresh fruitstaff was very friendly and helpfula great staythe breakfast areawould stay againcomfortable roomsmall towngreat smokeyannettemountainspetrailroadcherokeeratesfall
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

First time to ever stay at a Microtel. Thinking since it is a Wyndham property, it will be top notch. Boy were we disappointed! Upon booking a room was told it had a microwave and refrigerator.
There was not one in the room and when we asked, we were told renovations were going on do they took them out. Ok, that’s fine but still same rate. Chair in room was an office chair and very cheap and uncomfortable. The lid on the toilet was about to come off and there was no information for tv channels as most hotels have. First and last for us!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
microtelbrysoncitync, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bryson City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

joteach,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying with us. Our double queen rooms and suites do have microwaves and refrigerators. We have been finishing up renovations this fall and are still waiting on cabinetry to finish our fridge/micro installs. We do however have two refrigerators and a microwave for guests use until renovations are complete. I am very sorry if you found any furniture in room uncomfortable as we have just replaced all beds and furniture. We do provide television guides in each room that can be located in the cubby right underneath desk or by the telephone table. I'd love to have you guys back to stay and the chance for me to make up for any past inconveniences. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

-Mike F.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Unethical hotel manager - canceled our rooms so they could charge a higher price during the solar eclipse

On August 20, 2017 I was informed that Scott (I believe he is the owner and manager of the Bryson City, NC Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham) ordered his staff to call and tell us that the hotel was overbooked and they were cancelling our room reservations. We had reserved our rooms a year ago, 8/23/16, at $64 a night and we were told that Scott wanted to rent them out for $400 to $500 for the eclipse event. If this is not a crime, it should be - this is completely unethical.

On August 23, 2016, I booked three rooms at the Bryson City Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham, for $64 a night, plus tax. this was going to be a trip of a lifetime to see a Solar Eclipse with my brothers and family.

On August 18, 2017 at 12:20 pm I called the hotel to double-check the room reservations, since I had heard rumors of people having their room reservations cancelled. I had reserved 3 rooms a year in advance to go to the eclipse in Bryson City. The hotel staff told me all three rooms were reserved and waiting for us.

August 20th, we were already a day and half into our trip from Florida to North Carolina,the hotel called and left a voice message at 11:53, saying it was urgent that I call them immediately before we arrive. The hotel staff again called at 12:07. I answered this call and Annette told me they were cancelling our reservation for three rooms since they were overbooked and there were no rooms available. After talking to her for a while she said that they may be able to get us one room for all six of us to stay in.

This second call took place while we were at the Visitor Center in Franklin, North Carolina. The manager of the Visitor Center, Martha Messer, asked what was wrong and I informed her our hotel rooms had been cancelled because the hotel had overbooked. She said she would try to help out and call around to see if she could find some rooms. She called the owner/manager of the Bryson City Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham to see if they had any rooms and he stated that he had four rooms. We were flabbergasted. We told him we would take those rooms and immediately drove to the hotel to check-in. We got the rooms at our reservation price.

Who knows how many other people also got their rooms cancelled.

During our three day stay there, people were checking in and out. The hotel was not over booked, although he was charging a lot of money for the rooms. While sitting in the lobby visiting with our family, we heard quotes of $400, $500 and $350 a night.

Apparently he was canceling our rooms since we had booked them a year in advance at a lower price, $64, and was going to charge between $400 and $500 a room. If this is not illegal, it should be. This person should be cited and informed that this is unethical. I don't know what can be done, but I wanted to let you know that we will never be staying at the Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelbrysoncitync, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bryson City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The web site described that every room had microwave and mini fridge but checked in and the girl at the counter said the they just remodeled and just hadn't put it back. I told her I needed one and all I got was "I'm sorry". The next morning I ask if anyone would put a fridge in my room and she said she would pass it along. I did get one that night. Soda vending was broke for both nights.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

L2754XUkennethb,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Microtel of Bryson City, NC. I certainly apologize you did not have a refrigerator or microwave your first night, but glad we were able to accommodate for the second night. We have been renovating the property over the past months. One of our ending projects is installing cabinets for refrigerators and microwaves in each double queen rooms and suites. All flooring needed renovating before we could install all appropriate furniture in the rooms. I would love to invite you back your next travels to Western NC, and this time with all accommodations for every night of your stay.

-Mike F.