“First time eating Indian/Nepalese...and I loved it!!!”
Review of Bowl and Naan

Bowl and Naan
Ranked #6 of 226 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Description: Indian quick service restaurant.
Description: Indian quick service restaurant.
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had the chance to eat here with a couple of friends this a few weeks ago. It was the first time I had ever had Indian/Nepalese food, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. However, it was delicious!

Their menu is quite extensive and gives you the option for lots of customization. Basically, you can order one of their more traditional dishes off of the menu, or you can "create your own" naan wrap or rice bowl. I had a naan wrap full of tanduri chicken and tomatoes, onions, cilantro, banana peppers, and I can't remember what else - there's a whole bar full of fresh toppings to choose from and you can choose what type of sauce you want as well.

Like I said, I loved it! And I definitely wasn't expecting the naan wrap to be so big! It was huge guys, and for the price - more than worth it!

My wife had the steamed momo's (Nepalese dumplings full of chicken, vegetables, and spices). I stole one, which I must say was also very good. I believe she got 10 of them in her order and wasn't able to finish them. She also had the cheese stuffed naan, which we were all excited about!!! I think I could eat 3-4 of those at one time!

There are so many delicious options here and we're so glad to have them in Burlington!

Try them! You'll love them!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Bowl and Naan is a great addition to the possibilities for dining in Burlington. They offer dine-in, take-out, online ordering and delivery. The menu is varied: one can choose a full dinner or a combo featuring a base of salad, rice or freshly baked naan. The naan is the best I have had locally. They also make cheese and spiced varieties of naan that are distinctive and delicious. The meats and hot vegetarian dishes are offered in mild, medium or spicy. We have tried both medium and spicy and find the seasonings perfectly balanced and not too overpowering. Vegetarian and gluten free options abound. The cuisine is basically Desi (Indian), but there are some Nepali specialties as well. The momos (stuffed dumplings) are exceptionally tasty and not found elsewhere in the area. One orders at the front counter and selections are prepared fresh then brought to your table or boxed for takeout. Beers. bottled water, sodas are offered from a cooler; mango lahsi is also available. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I'm always in the market for something new and different. Last Sunday (9-3), I found it with Bowl and Naan. Indian cuisine set up sort of like SUBWAY in the fact that you choose from what's in front of you. (A naan is like a cross between a tortilla and a pita...sort of) You choose your protein and a variety of vegetables, both hot and cold. The service was fast, friendly and efficient. The young lady serving me, although not Indian, was very knowledgeable and answered every question I asked, without hesitation - and I asked a lot of questions. The end result was a creation that I refer to as "An Indian Burrito". It was a lot of food. The "meal deal" consisted of the naan, I chose a samosa* for my side - which came with 2 dipping sauces- and a drink. I chose the Himalayan Iced tea. (*a Samosa is a pasty filled with potato and veggies) The price was around $8 and change including tax. There were a lot of Indian people in the restaurant, which I took to be a pretty good sign. It was quite good and I will be back to try something else "new and different" off their vast menu.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious food !! The staff was very friendly. wonderful service! Definitely would recommend! We will come back

Reviewed 30 August 2017

The staff is extremely courteous, the cuisine is unsurpassed and the ambience is delightful! It's my favorite place to eat when traveling through Burlington, NC.