“Delicious Asian Cuisine with Fusion Flare”
Review of Harusaki

Harusaki
Ranked #149 of 226 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 5 November 2016

This place is largely known for its wide sushi choices. When we visit, we do not get sushi, so this review cannot attest to the sushi (I hear mostly very good things though).

Each time we have eaten at Harusaki, the food has been delicious, the correct temperature, of generous portions, and delivered with friendly service. This is a very popular place for take out too. There is a constant stream of customers coming in to pick up orders, and the bar typically has a line of orders waiting to be picked up.

Two dishes we like are the Pad Thai Tofu (can get with chicken or shrimp too) and the Walnut Chicken.

The Pad Thai is very good though I tend to think just a little too mild on flavor, but delicious nonetheless. The noodles have been prepared al dente, and thin wafers of tofu lightly browned. Crushed peanuts on type add another layer of texture.
The Walnut Chicken is a huge portion with a sweet white cream sauce and broccoli and comes with a large side of fried rice.
I always get their summer shrimp rolls to start. You get two and they are very large so one order is enough to split for two. They are fresh, cool, full of crisp cucumber and lettuce with shrimp, cilantro and rice noodles. Delicious dipped in the hoisin that accompanies. Some of the best I have had.

Harusaki has a large menu with a lot of variety. A huge selection of sushi specialties and hibachi grilled entrees, a nice selection of starters from crab bites and soups, to egg rolls and lettuce wraps .

They also offer a full bar with a good array of domestic and imported beers. Next trip, I plan to try their Tempura Ice Cream for dessert.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We having been coming here for years! The dishes are great & the sushi even better. Our fav is the Tango Mango Roll! This is a place where we visit at least once a month !

Reviewed 9 July 2016

My wife and I like to eat at Harusaki a couple of times every year. It's always a treat. We like the soup, as well as the Asian dishes.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We ordered take out from this establishment and only had one special request. No onions. Easy enough, you would think. I got home and my food was full of onions. I called the restaurant and gave them opportunity to correct the problem and was put on the phone with the owner, Jenny, who started yelling at me and telling me that there were no onions,they were scallions. Over and over again. Literally yelling at me on the phone. Well, as most people know, scallions are green onions. It can't get much more simple than that. They just are. I explained that I just wanted my money refunded for the dish I could not eat (I'm allergic to onions). She then started yelling at me about how she couldn't refund the whole meal because one dish was messed up. I explained again that I only wanted a refund for the one dish that I special ordered that wasn't correct and therefore inedible. Eventually she agreed to refund my card for the one dish, but she didn't actually do it. She just said she would and then hung up on me! I never got a refund. She was snapping at her employees when we came in initially to pick up the food as well. The rest of the food was ok but nothing to write home about. The interaction with Jenny was enough to make me never want to go back and to make me write this review. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS ESTABLISHMENT. They don't care about you and they are just out for money. Go across the street to Red Bowl. They are very nice and the food is good too. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this place :)

1  Thank pchekeen
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

The sushi was very delicious . The school group was able to watch the sushi being made and really enjoyed their time. Dessert and smoothies were amazing. Waitress was excellent and attentive . Good was great and fresh .