“Good Eatin”

Golden Dragon Asian Bistro
Ranked #36 of 225 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

If you like Asian food give these folks a shot..They've been here a long time and have a great buffet. The food,good. Atmosphere,good. Service,good.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

We were greeted warmly because the owner remembered us.

I ordered the Fried Whole Fish again because it's so, so good. Same for the wife and her General Tsao Chicken. But this time, after I had worked on my whole fish for a while, when the owner came by to see how we were doing I asked her how SHE would approach a whole fish. (Note that it is arrayed upright on a large dish, looking like it's making a sharp turn while swimming.) She gave me excellent suggestions, including breaking off sections of the backbone, sticking the bones into my mouth and using my lips to slide the delicious meat onto my tongue. It worked great.

She also suggested transferring fried rice onto my side plate, laying some fish on top, and spooning the delicious brown sauce over that. Wonderful.

This restaurant is always a treat.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Good service, quiet as usual, but disappointed in food. Overbreaded, tasteless sweet/sour chicken. Soup not hot. We haven't been in a while, but looks like they lost a good chef or something. It's now down to barely passable Asian food like the rest of them in burlington. Too bad.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

A well appointed, clean, nice place for a nice meal served, hot and quickly. My friend and I had two of the lunch specials and both were very good. The service was great and the choices were plentiful. Would go for lunch or dinner....a good date night place as the atmosphere is very nice. Will return for sure.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

This is a cozy full-service restaurant in a plaza, but not the takeout and maybe 4 small tables category. Quite nice moderate decor, EXTREMELY clean. Glass over linen tabletops; maybe 16 tables. Full bar. Full menu. Get this: the lunch menu has 30 items, all $6.95.

I ordered Basil Chicken, and the wife ordered General Tsao Chicken (which is different wherever you go). We started with Wonton soup (which is included in the lunch price!). It was interestingly sweet in taste. One disappointment was that it was luke warm. Delicious, but could have been hotter.

Our lunch selections were served in deep square dishes with four large deep compartments and one shallow compartment for Duck Sauce (for the Spring Roll). The fried rice included a scattering of colorful veggies and was delicious. It was molded for a nice presentation. The Chicken Basil was the best I've had in years, and delivered in a generous quantity. The veggies in this dish were cooked perfectly, and the fresh basil leafs added enormous flavor.

The General Tsao Chicken consisted of perhaps twelve(!) large coated dark meat chicken chunks, with a delightful heat and flavor. The coating was cooked to perfection, just the right amount of "bite" and crispiness while still holding the sauce (interesting chef's dilemma there). Note that my wife's leftovers were so plentiful that we shared them for lunch the next day.

It was interesting to see that while all of the Lunch items are priced at $6.95, the Dinner versions of the exact same dishes varies from 7.95 to 9.95.

The Chef's Special menu includes Whole Fish and numerous complex dishes. Prices vary between 11.95 and 14.95.

Each table has a card with an interesting discussion of sake, and they offer multiple sake selections.