“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Great location! Right next door to the Outback Steakhouse. Only 2 miles from the Burlington-Alamance airport, and across the interstate from some great shopping centers/malls, etc. Also close to Elon University. This hotel was one of the cleanest Hamptons I have seen in a long time! Inside and out! Hotel staff was friendly, courteous, and very helpful! I had a larger suite, which was spacious, bright and clean. Internet service was fast. Refrigerator and microwave were handy. Breakfast was kind of standard for Hampton Inns - but everything was hot and fresh. I would definitely stay here again, when needed!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor; very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JRW49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nebulis
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I needed a nice clean place for an overnight stay on a two day trip. I picked Hampton Inn from prior experience and found the Burlington property was as expected. Comfortable, clean and excellent staff. A tricky series of turns to get there from the exit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Aegir
gsobl, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel in November. I want to apologize that we were a little trick to find. We are glad that your accomodations and our staff met your expectations.

We hope to serve you again in the future.
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I was very pleased with this Hampton Inn. The Front Desk Staff treated like you were their friend, they had one gentleman who came in while I was checking in, called him by name, thought was nice. Room was clean, well stock, Perfect. Didn't get to enjoy the Breakfast this trip since had to be at work by 5am. But coffee was ready and the Front Desk night clerk didn't have the Breakfast Bags ready but as I was fixing my coffee to go, he went and fixed one for me. Very Pleased

Room Tip: IF HHonors member please let them know, they will upgrade your room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ChrissysBluMoon
We are very pleased to know that you feel our hotel is the best place to stay in Burlington. We strive on providing our guests with the best experience and I'm glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay in October. I sorry that you had to leave for work before our breakfast bar opened but am glad that you were able to take advantage of our "On The Run" breakfast bag.

Thank you for posting your feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future!
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed here for a night on business. My company has a pretty restrictive travel policy and we stay at Hampton Inns a lot due to cost. With a low cost usually comes low quality. Or cleanliness. Or both. This Hampton Inn was great. Front desk staff were wonderful - chatty, but efficient, and really seemed interested in us having a good stay. Nice room - updated and clean. Nice breakfast in the morning as well. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank travelzwithkidz
Thank you for posting your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would definitely stay with us again. I will definitely share your feedback with my team as they will be happy to know that you thought they were wonderful. They are very committed to guest service.
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband, sister-in-law, her fiance and I stayed at this Hampton on Oct 1, 2011. Great experience. We had done a very long day of travel, festivals, and visiting family. While enroute back to this location, I telephoned to inquire if they had vacancies. The guest desk representative was very polite and helpful ensuring us there would be rooms available when we arrived, we were an hour away. Upon arrival she greeted us - I would give her name but I don't recall the appropriate spelling, it wasthe night shift clerk on duty. She even recalled the telephone conversation when we arrived, so helpful. While checking in I asked for a discount rate and gave her the info for the discount - not a problem. Then while registering in my sister-in-law, the desk clerk decided to upgrade our room - we didn't even have to ask. Our rooms were across the hall from each other on the 4th floor and were awesome, large, spacious, king size rooms, with sitting area and nice large screen tv. This was not the first time my husband and I have spent at this hotel and both times it looked brand new. Very neat and clean. Typically I wipe everything and spray with lysol, this place was so clean I choose not to even do that! My sister-in-law and her fiance consistently commented on how nice a hotel we were staying in. As always the breakfast was great and the individual keeping the breakfast area clean and stocked was on top of her game - she did a great job. I highly recommend this hotel to travelers, it's close to Alamance Crossings, withing 15 miles of Tanger Outlets, an hours drive from Raleigh - great location, great staff, great hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank vhash77
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel last October. We are delighted that you think our hotel is one of the best Hamptons! Our team is committed to guest service and they are always looking for ways to go above and beyond. I am glad that you were able to enjoy one our spacious suites and I am pleased that you felt our breakfast hostess was on top of her game.

Thanks again for your kind comments and we hope to serve you again in the future.