“My First Bibimbap”
Review of Mixed Rice

Mixed Rice
Ranked #28 of 226 Restaurants in Burlington
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Wow!!! I have heard of bibimbap but never tried it and now I am hooked! A nice young lady helped me by explaining all of the dishes and even though I loved the bibimbap will I go back to try some of the other dishes too. Everything was served quickly, not and was VERY fresh. Dining room is very plain, but comfortable. There are no fountain drinks and no tea but the great food makes up for it. The spring roll was very good and fresh as well. This will now be one of my go to places in the Burlington / Elon area.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

For how much the meal costs the portion is way to small. The flavors are really good. The people working are very nice. Its a hidden gem.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I tried Mixed Rice while on vacation this month, and let me just say, it was delicious!!! We went back 3 times in the same week!!!

I tried the Beef Bhibimbhap, the Beef Bulgogi, and the Chicken Glass Noodles - all were excellent and the portions were plentiful! I think Spicy Beef Bhibimbap was my favorite!

The owner is very nice and polite and personally serves the meal, along with egg rolls or spring rolls, and a Korean cucumber salad that was a surprise to me and an excellent pairing to help cool down the spice of the main course (if you ordered spicy anyway)!

They have a nice assortment of Korean desserts as well to leave you, and your tummy, smiling as you make plans to come back again!

Great little restaurant to have in Burlington!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

This little gem is located in Stan's Plaza and is easy to miss if one is not specifically looking for it. It is also a small place, seating maybe a dozen patrons, but the food is big on flavor as well as value. We have now tried it several times and can report that nothing has disappointed. For around $10.00 (as of this writing) one can have a full meal and, unlike some reviewers, we find the portions completely adequate. The dishes are composed of absolutely fresh ingredients and cooked to order. They are served in combos or traditional "bowls," so an egg roll, steamed rice, and a canned soda are included. A side of kimchi and a sweet "Choco Pie" round out the meal. The Bibimbap ("mixed rice") bowls are delicious as are the grilled specialties. We particularly like the Bulgogi ("sweet steak") with an added side of the deliciously spicy kimchi to balance out its sweetness. One can dine in or take out. We actually prefer to take out so we can enjoy a beer with the meal; the restaurant does not appear to have a beer license.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

My experience with Korean food is extremely limited, but I liked the dish (with vegetables, beef and brown rice) that the counter lady recommended. It's one of those foreign named dishes! It was cooked fresh and was a good choice for take-out to share in a bowl. I'm going back for more!