“Great Eggs Benedict”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I just ate there for the first time this past Sunday, 7/5/15 & the coffee is very good, they give you the entire carafe for your table. The Eggs Benedict are the best! The toasted English muffin was a little hard to cut with the butter knife but I guess I should have asked for a better knife. The Hollandaise sauce was great. The eggs for the most part were runny & done very good for the dish itself. I also tasted the buttermilk pancakes which were very good also. The syrup is warm! I ordered a multigrain pancake which was ok, but they added cinnamon to it which I am not used to....so I wasn't impressed with them, plus they are a dollar extra, not worth it unless you love cinnamon! The service was good but we did wait a long time for our food. I would go back though. Nice breakfast/ brunch. And they serve breakfast until late.

Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

We usually look forward to eating here every year for our first morning of our sunset beach vacation . Service was terribly slow & I always order the same thing ,& it's usually pretty consistent . Not so much this time . No topping at all on the pancakes except about 3 blueberries. I asked the waitress & she did bring them out , but that was a first time I had a problem at all & my husbands was the same situation as mine . Hate to say but it may be our last time there . It's obvious but it must be under new ownership , all new faces . Most of the time in a Resturant that's a good thing . I don't believe so this time . I think it's time to find a new breakfast spot !

Trish7710, Owner at Sunrise Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2015

We too are disappointed to hear your expectations weren't met this time while visiting the restaurant. The July 4th weekend is our busiest of the year and we apologize for the slower service. Occasionally the kitchen gets backed up and it can effect the wait time for food. We are always happy to make things right for our customers and will gladly send you a gift card for another meal on us! As for new ownership, we haven't changed in over 5 years. Some staff have changed, but overall the core people, esp the wait staff, have remained consistent for many years. Again, we apologize and hope we can make it up to you. We truly pride ourselves in being a quality restaurant and hope we get the chance to serve you again. Thanks!

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Very good food and fast friendly service. Always love to go for breakfast here. Give it a try you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Awesome breakfasts - and I don't write that lightly - I eat out alot unfortunately. Pineapple pancake is my wife's favorite - it covers the plate. Sausage gravy and biscuits are killer, omelets are generous, and varieties of pancakes to please all. We'll eat there 3 times in our visit. Almost embarrassing to write that - as it reflects well on them...but not so well on me! :)
And I'd give it 5 stars if we were just rating breakfasts in one category.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

My friend and I ate here and thought the breakfast was extra good. Breakfast is usually so so but theirs was above, and the wait staff was busy but good. Parking was crowded and hard to pull out into traffic.