“Disappointing”

Days Inn Asheville West
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Candler
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Where do I begin! I don't like to give nasty reviews but here goes. When we pulled up to the front of the office we first noticed the crooked and dirty window or blinds not sure which. Then we realized the rooms were not connected to the office and breakfast area. We had friends with us that had 2 dogs and we were all located on the 3rd floor. No elevator and very scary metal steps. The rooms were clean but when I turned on the shower brown water came out, YUCK! It was raining the next day when we went over for breakfast which was ok. I had oatmeal (which was good) and my husband had raisin bran. The hot foods did not really look appetizing. The one good thing was that they had a nice Christmas tree in front of the dirty blinds or windows. If we could of cancelled our rooms for nothing we would have found another place to stay.

Room Tip: Not! If anyone decides to stay ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley T

Reviewed 17 November 2017

First, the room smelled like stale cigarette smoke even though it was a non smoking room. Second, the shower was in poor condition..tiles almost falling, etc. Third, I left behind a pair of glasses. When I called and asked if they were there, I was advised they were not. He didnt even check I went back later that day and searched and I located them under the bed. I noticed then that it had not been vacuumed in quite some time. There was a ton of dirt and loose pills under the bed. Never again will I stay at this hotel chain!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank H2195HQsarab
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Water ran brown and the toilet was stained with rust. Everything else was ok with the room. Breakfast was ok nothing to complain about or write home about either. The desk staff was very welcoming in he morning but the night crew was not very helpful

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelpO4311NZ
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Very nice place. Older but very clean. Excellent customer service. Pleasant friendly personnel. Free continental breakfast and a unheard of free dinner! What a nice surprise! Enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Rooms were somewhat clean, however outdated bathroom fixtures and furniture. Curtains would not close. Beds were old and the top blanket was dirty. The rooms were actually located above where you actually stay and a sketchy environment to say the least. If you have options use them. Worst of all, very overpriced for the outdated rooms they have.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 671cliftonb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
10.9 km away
10.2 km away
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
#60 of 68 in Asheville

Been to Days Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!