“Horrible Room”

Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

One star is too many for this review. I was staying one night in an ocean front very pricey room. The room was disgusting. I can't believe that a housekeeping supervisor would sign off on this room. The tub was so dirty I can't imagine anyone would get in it. The toilet and the floor were both filthy. The carpet was absolutely tragic. There were so many stains I stopped taking photos. I could not get out of that room fast enough. I can't believe that Marriott owns this place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Anton B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Amy R,

I am very sorry for your recent experience with us! I guarantee that we have reached out the appropriate staff to get this resolved. We would like to speak with you about your concerns! Please reach out at your earliest convienence.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Let me start by saying that when we read the negative reviews on Tripadvisor we were hesitant but decided to still book this hotel while not expecting a lot, boy were we wrong!!! Check in was a breeze and parking was free. The hotel room is a little outdated but our room was very clean. The view from each and every room is spectacular, all you see is the Pool, The Beautiful Boardwalk and the Ocean. The neighboring restaurants were all excellent and very reasonably priced. Housekeeping did a great job and were very cordial when passing in the hallway. We spent Labor Day Weekend here and the Firework Show right in from of the Hotel was very impressive to say the least. From what I am seeing on this site is that Marriott is going to be doing a lot of renovations at this hotel in the very near future. We can't wait to return!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All Rooms have a Great View!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Anton B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear 140john,

We greatly appreciate all your positive feedback and I will share this with our team! We are just as excited for our renovation this fall and looking forward to the finished product! We look forward to seeing you again next season!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We had an ocean view. The sunrises are beautiful! Great access to the beach, and a nice boardwalk to take walks on. The room was just ok. The Starbucks that shows up as being inside the hotel is a little deli/coffee type counter that sells a limited selection of Starbucks products. As a Starbucks lover, I was a little disappointed, but what they did serve was good. The beach is beautiful, and there is plenty of fun things to do within a 30 minute drive.

Stayed: September 2017
Anton B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear SchultzFam8,

I am glad that you had a great time with your recent visit to Carolina Beach! We hope that you will come back and visit us as our full renovation starts up this fall!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This hotel needs a lot of improvement. First of all it looks shabby on the inside. The hall carpets are dirty and the rooms need a renovation.
We stayed here for a special event (wedding). Each night we had an activity and 2 out of 3 nights, our room as never cleaned!!! We came off the beach to get ready and the room was the same way we left it- unmade bed, no new towels, no amenities, etc. When we called the desk, they offered to get it cleaned- 4 PM - but we had no time to wait while they did this. We had to check in/out each day as our reservations were all different due to a rate with a block and a regular rate.
There are no safe deposit boxes in the rooms. I got the last of a very few boxes and had to go downstairs each time I needed my wallet to go out. When we checked out, they could not open the box and it took over 20 minutes to finally get it open.
They do not offer towels for the beach. The lady in charge of pool towels told me to go buy cheap ones as you can't take the pool towels to the beach.
People park in the hotel lot to go by the boardwalk and entertainment right by there. If you come back late, there is not enough parking.
The breakfast buffet was mediocre and similar to other free hotel buffets but you paid $12.95 for it. The muffins and pasty items were ice cold. After eating there once, we went to the nearby Pancake House instead.
Compared to the Holiday Inn in Wrightsville Beach, this hotel lacks everything.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Anton B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Missshopper,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Carolina Beach! I apologize for your concerns with the stayover service that was missed. Please reach out to me so I can follow up with housekeeping about this. We do have a full renovation coming in a few months that will put us back at the standard you expect at other select service hotels!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

There on a conference so had a reduced room rate, but even at that it was outrageous! No microwave in room. Just one in main hall. No vending machines. They have a pantry next to the check in desk in the lobby that you can buy items for $$. NO COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE!! This was a big one for me as I like to partake of coffee day and evenings. They have a little bistro but it is pricey as well. Last thing was the staff at the breakfast bar. I meandered over there just to check it out on a break and one of the waitresses ran me off telling me it was $12.95 per person. I was just looking! Best thing about the whole stay was the night desk clerk. She was so very nice!!

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view but the higher up the better
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jill A,

We are glad that Debra Jean was able to give you that customer service you come to expect when staying at a Marriott. I do apologize about the concerns with the other staff member you encountered and we will follow up. The other concerns that you have are standard at any Courtyard Property. So I do apologize that these were not available for your stay. We hope you give us another chance!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carolina Beach
1.0 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
23.1 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
20.9 km away
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!