Free cancellation until 26/07
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$199
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)
US$239
Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$217
Carolina Beach Inn(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$165
Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$158
US$153
  • Pool
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$166
Dry Dock Vacation Club(Carolina Beach)
US$113
All reviewsbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeoutdoor poolcorner suiteocean viewoff seasonan umbrellahigher floorhousekeeping staffsliding doorstaff was very friendly and helpfulboard walkmini fridgebistrobalconybeachelevator
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Outstanding hotel. Daughter had a soccer tournament at a park in Wilmington and this was just great location for us to enjoy when not playing soccer. Hotel staff was friendly and great with any questions we had and directions to yummy restaurants. Cleanliness was very good and enjoy NOT having to pay stupid parking fees.Waking up in ocean front room, walks on the beach and walking to restaurants and arcade. Hope our team chooses to play in this area again, so we can enjoy another great family weekend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Crystal S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Temon B,

Thank you so much for leaving us feedback in regards to your recent stay. I'm so excited to hear that you enjoyed a great family get away. We are in the process of renovating all of our rooms and we hope that you will return to experience our new look.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The staff was very friendly, the location was perfect...easy walk to nearby restaurants and easy beach access. The ocean front view was great. We stayed in a suite, which was large and very nice. However, there were a few minor maintenance issues that keeps me from giving it a 5 star rating.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Crystal S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Liz H,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate our guest feedback it is your feedback that helps us to improve and make the necessary changes. We are starting our complete custom renovation in about two weeks. We sincerely hope that with the changes we are making your next stay we will be a 5 star.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stayed here only for one night on our way to the Outer Banks. My mother loves the beach and I thought a night at an oceanside hotel with a balcony would be an added bonus to break up the long drive. I regret I did not read the reviews here first. I travel a lot, both for business and pleasure, and am a Marriott Gold Elite member. This hotel is horrible and I am utterly surprised it is actually a part of the Marriott brand. If I hadn't booked direct, I would have thought it was the kind of disputed property that occurs when a private owner buys and then does not replace signage on a hotel. The last time I stayed anywhere so run down, filthy and generally unkempt was during high school spring breaks. This place 'reads' more like a shoddy, roadside motel. I have stayed in cleaner, better appointed budget hotels like Super 8 and Red Roof Inn. Marriott is my preferred brand and I usually stay there when I am in charge of my own travel. As an Elite member, I am generally provided an upgraded room or other complimentary service during my stay. I am not sure what was provided here as the room we received was a disgrace. We hit the jackpot with mildew, stained carpets and the kind of furniture even Goodwill will decline. I even ended up having to speak to tech support to get the wifi online and functioning, which has never happened to me before. After reading the comments here, we decided that it was already late and we would just tough it out for the night. That we had a suitcase of lines for our rental helped. We slept on our own sheets on top of theirs and did a load of laundry and showered when we arrived at our destination. Unsurprisingly, I DID NOT get a post-stay survey from Marriott. Extremely disappointed. This is not what I have come to expect from Marriott. I will give credit where credit is due and say the front desk was helpful/polite and they view was lovely (although the banister on the balcony is made from PVC pipe...ours even came with a stain).

Room Tip: Book somewhere else. Anywhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Crystal S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear IStayN2ManyHotels,

Thank you so much for leaving us feedback in regards to your recent stay. I am so disappointed to hear that you had such a negative experience. Please reach out to us directly at the hotel 910-458-2030 and ask for a Manager. We want to make this right for you. What you described is far from the Marriot experience that we strive to give every guest, please accept our sincere apology for the issues you faced. We are starting a complete renovation of our property in two weeks and we really hope that we have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

For the first time since moving to North Carolina, the rates were competitive though we paid more than double our Thursday rate just to stay a Friday. While I don't fault hotels for charging more on weekends, going from $127 to $288 is just wrong especially for a Marriott member.

The king bed room was nicely appointed though the furnishings and television were tired and worn, screaming replace me. The carpeting was not worn but could use a good shampoo. Then there was the shower head. Why is it that hotels overlook the shower head? A shower head does not have to be a complex multifunction kind of thing, just a simple rain shower would suffice. The shower head in our room may have been nice when new but it was now tired.

A guest's experience is from when they walk into a room, to a good night's sleep on a good mattress, to the relaxing shower the next morning. Well, the mattress was really great though we had to remove the comforter as it was excessive.

The best part of the hotel was its proximity to the boardwalk and to some of our favorite restaurants.

The hotel staff were all excellent. I just can not say enough to give them all the complements they deserve.

We frequent Carolina Beach in the off season and we would absolutely stay here again, but we have to watch the room rate else we move on to the Golden Sands.

Room Tip: Watch the rates
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Crystal S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with our Staff, they are definitely our greatest asset to our property. As for our furnishing and overall condition we know there is some area for opportunity, we are so excited to be starting our renovations in about two weeks. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Carolina Beach area that you will come experience our New look after our renovation is complete. Again thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us we truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Great location. Close to everything. Great boardwalk just outside. Pool is kept clean and grounds are as well. Check in was hassle free and we were even able to check in early. Rooms are clean and of a good size for families. There are facilities outside for shade (daughter is a redhead). We were able to walk to everything that we needed. The kitchen was well equipped and allowed us to have snacks and sandwich stuff for the kids.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Suz882,
Thank you so much for sharing feedback with us in regards to your recent stay. We are so happy to hear that you and your family was able to enjoy the hotel and get checked in early. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Carolina Beach area that you will stay with us again.