“Superior catering, excellent a la carte dinner, worst lunch buffet”

Nazara indian bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Nazara indian bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 518 Restaurants in Cary
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The first time I ate Nazara’s food was at the Sangeeth for a wedding. The food was shockingly good! Real Punjabi masala in the samosa, the best garlic naan, paneer, dal, and so many other dishes. Even the paan and panni poori were outstanding.

So a week after the wedding, my family and I decided to go to the restaurant for dinner. The food was authentic and seasoned well but not overdone. The kurkure bindi was crisp and flavorful but not greasy, great butter naan with the perfect amount of carbon (but the chili naan is unfortunately bad), and kaddi pakora with all the right fresh garnishes. My husband and son loved the lamb and malai kofta. We ate very well and the leftovers tasted even better the next day— even the bindi.

So we recently went there for lunch while in the midst of running errands. We didn’t realize that they had a buffet. The food was forgettable and just plain lousy. Even though they had a few of the same foods on the buffet that we’d eaten during dinner previously, the buffet served a much cheaper and inferior quality version. It was so bad that I couldn’t believe I was at the same restaurant.

I get it— they need to profit to stay in business. Too many people overload food during buffets only to waste it. So all the better ingredients and full seasonings add to the overall cost, and that means Nazara needs to raise their buffet prices. But people go to buffets for the high consumption at low prices, so they can waste if they don’t like something or took too much.

I’d prefer if Nazara got rid of the buffet and had a better quality limited menu lunch. Or even a “pick three item” type lunch that’s served in a thali style with limited portions.

The buffet was so bad that I no longer recommend Nazara with full confidence. Yet the dinner was scrumptious and I do want to go back. So, in fairness, I give the catering and dinner food 5 stars but the lunch buffet 1 Star.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Hands down, the best Indian restaurant in the triangle. We started off with the kurkuri bhindi which was delicious. You can never go wrong with fried okra! We also had papadum and chutney, so so so good! My husband had the chicken tikka masala and I had the shrimp caldine. Both were superb. The caldine was a perfect blend of coconut and spices and I wanted to lick the bowl, it was that good! The naan was perfect for finishing off the extra sauce! Our server was very friendly and took excellent care of us. This was our second time eating at Nazara and I'm already looking forward to our next meal there!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

let me start by writing that i am of indian origin and love cooking. my expectations of an indian restaurant may be a trifle too demanding!
having said that --the primary reason i went here was because friends told me that the saag and makki roti ( a punjabi speciality ) was well done here. sadly no! the roti was crisp and cold ( not pliant and warm as it should be ). the saag was a spice-less mess of boiled spinach with zero indian flavour. i should know this --i am a punjabi.
the murg mussalman ( which is supposed to be a whole chicken --or part of , baked with a rich spice mix ) came as 4 chicken legs in a nondescript sauce! we returned this and got another chicken dish that was very passable.
the other dishes were not memorable BUT the service was excellent and the Kashmir tap beer was superb.
this place is not cheap . in all honesty i would like to give this place another try --some other dishes on an expansive menu ( which can be an Achilles heel for any restaurant ).

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Ordered pickup meal for Valentine’s Day. Punjabi Samosas, Chicken Tikka Masala, Murg Mussalam, Cholle , Chili Garlic Naan and Raita. Everything was delicious. Small mistake with order but they took ownership and made us very happy customers. Highly recommend Nazara!!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We tried almost every Indian restaurants in triangle area, and this is one of the best. Super clean.
Delicious food with great service. we are strongly recommend.