“What a wonderful transformation ”

Crossroads Chapel Hill
Ranked #9 of 315 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Columbia Avenue
Description: Crossroads crafts a dining experience unique to Chapel Hill. Share a meal or cocktail with friends and family in the historic setting of The Carolina Inn. With its distinctly Southern soul and North Carolina Spirit, this award-winning restaurant & bar infuses your experience with energy, great food and a comforting sense of place.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

It has been a number of years since my wife and I had went to the Carolina Inn for dinner (I am not even sure the restaurant was called crossroads back then). We were amazed at the transformation from what it used to be. It’s bright airy and just a lovely atmosphere.

The food was utterly astounding. I travel and eat out a lot and it is rare that every course is amazing. That has probably happened only a handful of times for me. Well it happened at crossroads for us last weekend. Every course from appetizer to dessert was utterly amazing. The new chef is amazing. And overall it was quite a value for the meal that we got. I highly recommend it!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Although the food is very good, the standard Sunday brunch buffet selection is very limited, and, very expensive. It might be worth it for convenience sake if you're staying at the hotel, but not worth a special ride. Parking is impossible unless you use the valet service, but that would require a tip... more $$. There are a plethora of other places in Chapel Hill from which to choose a wonderful Sunday brunch that won't empty your wallet.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I’ve rarely visited a restaurant that got brunch as right as Crossroads did. Terrific, fresh, home-cooked-tasting food. Many, many options. Luxuriant takes on traditional Southern cooking. Excellent service. Warm biscuits and fresh fruit served complimentary to the table. A great chef at the omelet station. Good lattes. Some truly outlandish dishes on the buffet, like lemon blueberry mango trifle, which tasted deliriously good. And who ever even heard of homemade pop tarts?! And Crossroads serves GRITS. The grits were outstanding. This brunch was completely worth the $29 a person that Crossroads charged. It would be more than worth sampling even if you were not staying in the hotel. It was a memorable meal.

As guests in the Carolina Inn, where Crossroads is located, we had two breakfasts there, one lunch and that amazing brunch. The quality was consistently high. Lunch service was a tiny bit inconsistent since they were training new servers. But they eventually got everything right. The atmosphere was pleasant, the room very light and airy. What was memorable about breakfast was the incredibly tasty oatmeal. If I ordered it again, I’d substitute fresh berries for the dried blueberries that were served, but that may be just me. At lunch, the French fries were fresh, light and crispy. Baja Chop salad was spicy in a good way and had a good amount of tasty dressing to complement the chopped vegetables.

This restaurant was a winner at both breakfasts and brunches. Five stars for sure.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We visited Chapel Hill for 24 hours because we are considering relocating to North Carolina. While the Chapel Hill area was a bit slower pace than we expected or are looking for in a move, the Crossroads was a wonderful evening.

First, on Friday nights (the night we attended), Crossroads features a Friday on the porch where tons of people (families, couples, etc.) visit on the front lawn of the hotel and can purchase beer and wine. It looked amazing! However, my wife and I were looking for formal dining; and formal dining we received.

I felt a bit underdressed in khaki shorts and a polo, but no one seemed to mind. Our waiter was excellent and recommended the perfect glass of wine. A small detail: every 30 minutes or so the lights grew dimmer, which provided a warm atmosphere. The food was excellent. Full stop. It was exactly what I would expect from a place of this caliber.

I highly recommend coming here for a lovely formal dining experience. And I recommend Friday's on the porch for families.

Last note: the Old Well at UNC is about a 2 block walk from the restaurant. It's a lovely after dinner jaunt where you get to see fireflies illuminating the UNC campus. Very lovely.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Had a simple egg breakfast with grits and biscuits. Super yummy. Service was great. A bit pricey but it is in a nice hotel!