“Easter Lunch ok. Just ok”
Review of Mama Dip's

Mama Dip's
Ranked #38 of 313 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Portions were huge for meat and small for sides. Vegans or vegetarians need I forget it. Lots of fried foods. It was expensive for what it was and just ok.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We were delighted to try this restaurant as we heard a lot about it from locals. I had the fried chicken and some sides, though I can't say that I was totally impressed. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, but not entirely memorable. I would have preferred more spice and depth.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We tried this place for lunch it was great the staff was welcoming the chicken is great i had the chricken and dumplings they where amazing

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My family has been going to Mama Dips for decades starting when Mama Dip herself ran the kitchen in a little hole in the wall restaurant across the street from where the restaurant is now. What we liked about it was the freshness of the food, generous sizes and reasonable prices. Unfortunately the portions have shrunk, especially the fried chicken which use to be large pieces but now are much smaller. The serve staff are always nice and efficient. We still go on occasion but not as often.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I stopped by here based on a recommendation from a friend. It's tucked away and very close to the campus of UNC Chapel Hill. We were immediately greeted by friendly staff. The menu has lots of familiar soul food favorites like chicken, fish, chitterlings, collards, beans and such. A couple of us had trout fillets, and the others got country fried steak, and chicken. Servings were decent and the food was tasty. Our server was very sweet and was exceptionally accommodating as we had a few demanding people in our group. The restaurant was clean and welcoming. The crowd was quiet. Its a nice place to take groups, families and singles. Highly recommended!