“Great service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We did not have big appetites the night we visited. We stopped here because it was close to the Holiday Inn Express. We each had an appetizer and the clam chowder. All were good. Our server, Anna was attentive and courteous. She made the experience memorable. Did not have dessert but wish we had the cakes looked delicious. Would stop again on our next visit to Chapel Hill.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We came for the free cake, but we have been back many times for the wonderful food and service. Fast, yummy as well as good prices and atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Last meal here. Lovely wait service. But the chef knows nothing about its namesake, Nantucket. A scallop, that succulent creature, is destroyed by so much garlic and so-called lobster sauces. And salt. Everything is salted such that one could wonder how fresh the food really is. Or does the customer demand such overwhelming seasoning?
We have had very fine scallops etc just 3 miles from here, so we know it is available; just not here.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

In town on business, I stopped by on a Monday night for dinner. Let me start by stating that my rating has nothing to do with service. It was wonderful- to host accommodating and the server very attentive. I had read mixed reviews but the outside looked upscale and I thought it had to be an above average place. My first red flag was the tablecloth. It was padded plastic! I have not seen that in a restaurant in over 30 years and screamed back road diner. Having never ventured to Nantucket I rationalized that must be a Nantucket decor thing similar to the lobster "shacks" in Maine.

The wine list of adequate and had many reds that I had seen at other restaurants around town drawing into question how many wine merchants service Chapel Hill. However, the pour was beyond generous and in most restaurants would have passed for a double.

Based on other reviews, I hope I suffered from ordering the wrong item on the menu. I was in the mood for a salad and ordered the QUESADILLA COBB SALAD:
Zesty, grilled chicken mixed with
avocado, black beans, corn,
roasted red peppers, tomatoes
and corn tortilla chips, tossed in
a spicy cilantro-ranch dressing,
served over romaine lettuce and
topped with cheese quesadilla
wedges

Sounds great and I had visions of a lovely southwestern salad with freshly grilled over the top. Woefully, that is not what was served. This was one of those pre-made salads restaurant servers say never to order. I should have remember the advice from that article! The good was the lettuce and salad dressing. The lettuce was crispy and fresh (lettuce can always be a deal breaker if bitter and old) but the ratio of toppings to lettuce was 1 to 20. There made have been a total 5 beans and corn. The red peppers were the marinated type found in antipasto dishes and chopped into minuscule bits. The only fresh vegetables were the half sliced grape tomatoes and the avocado.

Now let's discuss that lovely grilled chicken. It had been diced into 1/4 inch cubes and was chilled. Red Flag - this was leftover chicken from some other dish that was not cooked today! And you really had to hunt for it in the mounds of lettuce. The pieces were so small and cold they had not flavor at all.

And what about that quesadilla served over top? Simply embarrassing. You would not find one of this inferior quality on most children menus. It was two flour tortillas with cheese inside slung into the microwave until the cheese melted. I felt like a five year old eating it. At a minimum it could have been placed on the grill until it was crispy brown.

I left feeling like I had wasted a great deal of calories on a mediocre dinner.

1  Thank sreisinger
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We had a early dinner here one night. Ate early because we were there the night before at about 6:30 and the was a 40 minute wait, Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Free cake on Saturday night.

Date of visit: November 2017