All reviews van driver deserves a raise front desk shuttle service home away from home other hotels every morning esa margie housekeeper walmart rates
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I frequently utilize the complimentary shuttle service. Ms. Bianca is the AM driver and is courteous and is flexible on a pickup time. Ms. Margie is the PM driver who is kind, courteous, pleasant and goes out of her way to ensure the riders are comfortable. She is not only a driver, she is more like a friend. She represents ESA in an utmost professional manner.

Room tip: Staff very helpful
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Tyvola Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you so much for this awesome review. Making you happy makes us happy! We are glad that everything went so well during your visit and that our shuttle driver was a huge part in making your stay memorable. We will share your compliments with Bianca and Margie. We appreciate your kind review and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Great staff. Ms. Margie is terrific van driver. Kiesha, Malcolm, and Chandra form first rate front desk team. Ms. Kay is great housekeeper. Overall top tier team that delivers service in a courteous and professional manner.

Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Tyvola Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at Extended Stay America. We are proud of our team, and a guest recognizing an individual is the best acknowledgment they can receive. As you discovered, our staff has a great passion for providing superior service, and we will surely recognize with them especially the staff mentioned in the review. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Love the hotel and mrs margie rocks staff is awesome and i wouldnt stay anywherr else come try it out they will take good care of you. Hotwl is in good location right in the middle od everything convient to and from where i need and the van is always on time and efficient

Trip type: Travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Tyvola Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Keisha, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest at Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to know you loved our courteous associates and that our great location was perfect for your needs. We will share your compliments with Margie. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I had to be in North Carolina for work (a place I had never been to or knew anyone). I booked ESA Tyvola road and got a good deal for 60 days. I asked the representative repeatedly what I needed to do at check-in upon my arrival and he explained I needed to make a 3 nights non-refundable payment and then pay for my stay every 30 days since I was on the EPP plan which gave me a good rate for my long stay.
Fast forward to my arrival at ESA Tyvola road. I get to the hotel and receive a very unpleasant surprise.and was told at the front desk that I needed to pay for ALL 30 NIGHTS BEFORE I WILL BE CHECKED IN!!!!! This was at about 9 pm, I didn't have over $2,000 at that moment to pay for all 30 nights since I planned my trip based on what the customer service representatives had told me when I was making my booking.
I asked to speak with the manager to explain I will not in my right mind get on a flight to a city I had never been to or know anyone without the payment requested if I was clearly told that, but the manager was gone for the day.
I was completely stranded, tired from my trip, very distraught and had nowhere else to go.
After a few hours of back and forth with what I was told, the front desk lady allowed me to stay the night since I had paid for 3 nights anyway but with that amount turned to become one night's stay for the going rate since my booking had issues.
I get to the room and on the table, a note clearly said welcome to your non-smoking room but that room smelled of nothing but strong weed and there were cigarette burns on the sheets. I had to open the windows to let out some air but that didn't help so much since the window was small. It was the most uncomfortable night of my life and I could barely sleep.
I check out in the morning and tried to speak with their corporate office but they too said there was nothing they could do for me.
Extended Stay America is A HUGE MESS. You are better off in a hotel or a good Airbnb than that junkyard called a hotel. The pictures on the website are very deceiving, the actual hotel is totally run down with weed smelling in the hallway, rooms and reception. DO NOT I REPEAT, DO NOT FALL A VICTIM LIKE I DID.

Room tip: All the rooms smell of weed. Don't waste your time. Big scam. Pictures on the website are very deceiving.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Tyvola Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will take the necessary actions to ensure these issues are properly addressed.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Marge is an absolute pleasure, she has made my stay here so much more enjoyable. She and all the staff have been very helpful.Van service
Is excellent,She is always in time,
Always in a good mood ,makes your
Ride very enjoyable ,

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - Tyvola Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for the perfect feedback of Extended Stay America. It’s good to know you loved our courteous staff and had a great stay here. Your compliments will be shared with Marge, and we look forward to seeing you back soon.