“Is this the end?”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 February 2017

What a terrible (and sad) experience at what was until now, one of our favorite pizza places. The drink order was the first sign of problems. Picking through the large menu of microbrews, we placed our orders. The server then replied: “I’ll need to check if we have these, since we don’t have half of what is on the beer menu.” And she returned shortly with the news that 2 of the 5 were not in stock.

After finding drinks that were actually in stock, we placed our food order. The appetizers arrived in a reasonable amount of time and looked great. However, saying that the fried pickles were room temperature may be stretch. However, those further down in the dish were somewhat warm. This led us to two possible conclusions: either they were prepared fresh and allowed to sit far too long before serving or they were not fresh and had actually suffered from uneven microwave heating.

But, Revolution has always had really nice pizzas, so we still held hope. This hope evaporated when the first pizza arrived and the sausage was refrigerator cold. Apparently, the sausage was added as an afterthought and not cooked with the pizza. We also noticed that it was missing the red onions. We sent it back. It returned and had been heated enough so that the sausage was no longer cold, but still no onion. However, our second pizza had still not arrived. When we inquired, the server said that she was embarrassed to bring it out because it was missing too many toppings (apparently, she thought we just wouldn’t notice we only had half our order?). She then said that they had run out of ingredients, so our “Guacamole Pizza” that should have avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro and mozzarella was prepared with only 5 small pieces of avocado (two slices had to share one small piece) and perhaps a tablespoon of mozzarella (see my photo). How can a pizza restaurant run out of tomato and red onion and need to ration cheese on a Saturday evening in which the restaurant was only half full?

Revolution had a good run. But, given the poorly stocked bar and lack of BASIC ingredients required to make pizzas, I fear they may be nearing the end.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Our visit was disappointing to say the least... the only reason I give it one star is because our waiter was friendly and it's not his fault this place sucks. They say "44 beers on tap" when in reality they have about 10 taps in use. When ordering a beer, the first FOUR I requested that were clearly on the menu, they were out of. After four failed attempts I said, why don't you tell me what you DO have instead.... we wanted to order the beer cheese as an appetizer and he responded they were out of that too. I thought he was joking at first because I didn't think this was possible to be out of so many items! We ordered a pizza which was completely black on the bottom.... don't waste your time with this place, go elsewhere!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We used to really enjoy revolution. Great location, tasty food, good and local beers...
But tonight? Our service was TERRIBLE. Our server clearly didn't want to be there. She messed up my son's order, which was pepperoni pizza, not complicated. When I had enough and found the manager, he ended up lying to us, and then our Groupon 'accidentally' came up for the wrong amount. So disappointing. And no, the food isn't good enough anymore that I would do take out. They'll never get my money again.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2016

My husband & I live right across the street from this restaurant, so despite the poor reviewes, we really wanted this place to be good. Sadly it was not. Service was horrible.
I could not believe how bad service was. It was like the place was being run by people that have no restaurant experience! I could not believe the lack of service & training of staff. It was a joke! So sad. Noda is such a thriving area with apartment buildings springing up all around. We will NEVER go back, and live so close, What a bummer! This could have easily been our second home!

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank txwv2016
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Great casual laid back atmosphere. Incredible gluten free pizza. Had the pesto and the revolution and both were delicious. Huge selection of beers. Nice out door seating area. Excellent attentive service. Highly recommend for a fun, casual night out.

Date of visit: August 2016