“Snotty hostess, poor food”
Review of Aria Tuscan Grille

Aria Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Aria Tuscan Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 2,613 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College and Trade Streets
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in the theater district so when we got there it was insane; the hostess was rude and overwhelmed. The bar was packed. I’m from NYC and we have a theater district so I know how a professional restaurant handles a rush; Aria does not. Finally seated after the rush, I ordered the pork shank naturally assuming it would be cooked as in the Osso Buco style.any meat from the shank is tough; it is often referred to as “soup meat”. Long slow cooking is required. Area’s pork was NOT tender, almost inedible, rookie mistake. Also, don’t use their GPS address, it is not correct.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Arrived at 6, place was packed as everyone was going to the same concert. Our waitress, Gabrielle was friendly and efficient even though we were just one table of many she was taking care of. We all had drinks, wine and dinner. Good reviews from everyone on their entrees (duck special, tagliatelle, pasta al nero and gnocchi. Only comment anyone had was that the dishes were not hot, only warm.
Good restaurant for pre-cert at the Spectrum.

2  Thank jebgg
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Private event was fabulous. The service and the food was excellent. Would highly recommend. In fact, they had a private event downstairs (I attended) and a different private event upstairs (my husband attended). Both of us raved about our experiences.

1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Friday night dinner at 5:45 in advance of an 8:00 concert at the Spectrum. Was moderately busy at the outset and packed by 6:15. Sat upstairs. Server (Troy?) was very good, although based on the crowd probably could have used a little more assistance. Had chicken parm., spouse butternut squash ravioli. Both were very good, moderately sized portions. Prices are relatively inexpensive. Only negative was the wine pour seemed very small. Switched to liquor.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Not sure if my title is actual Italian, but the food here sure is! From the Sunday gravy to the meaty lasagna, just plain outstanding. While the portions were a little smaller than I would prefer they just reminded me I probably over eat so no harm no foul. Twenty wines under $29 sign me up. Casual yet upscale count me in. Gabrielle was our server and she was fantastic. We really enjoyed this restaurant and you should too. Tip: if you are attending the symphony you get 10% off—bonus!

2  Thank Aaron R