Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485
Ranked #59 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We left our car there while we were on vacation and stayed there when we returned. It was about midnight when we got in. The shuttle picked us up and to the hotel. The check in was good. The breakfast was good the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Phillip K, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us!

There are newer reviews for Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Tonight my wife and I came back from the panthers preseason football game and were greeted with the most absolute worst greeting ever.
The lobby entrance was locked due to our time of return (11:20pm) and I rang the buzzer since my wife had not caught up with me and she had the key.
I was asked if I had a reservation and I said no, I am a guest. Heather then turned her back and walked away without buzzing me in.
My wife comes up with the key and we entered the lobby. A glare is all we received and I walked to the snack area to get a coke and a snack. I asked if they had spoons and the answer was, "huh?"
So I asked again if they had spoons and the response was, "of course! They are over there!"
Over there happened to be across lobby which was nowhere near where I was standing.
I approached the counter with cash and snacks clearly visible in hand on top of the counter and I got a question from heather..."what room?"
I said why? I have cash and asked how much for my two items.
Heather replied, "the price list is over there!" And pointed behind me.
Ok,so I don't take being rude or lazy very well but I will not take being treated like I'm an idiot because I don't know where your spoons or your price list is/are especially when I pay $175 for a single night's stay.
Wingate management, you need to wake up because this is the kind of person that will run you out of business.
SO
I did then say something and my wife jumped in - and - normally I would calm her down, but not tonight. I enjoyed watching heather get the full fury.
I would have expected an apology from any other person who had been given the look that I gave heather, but she was not concerned about me as the customer, she was only concerned about having to be behind the desk and add up the total on two snacks and then take my money and then make change correctly - that obviously was too much of a task - just like it was obviously too hard to ask what room I was in to buzz me in from the air lock outside the lobby.
So if you want a nice stay in the charlotte area, make sure that you avoid this hotel with all of your effort. It is worth driving farther away or maybe even getting arrested since the treatment would probably have been better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith G
Phillip K, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Please allow me to apologize for your experience while staying at our hotel. This is not the normal experience of our guest.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

1  Thank James S
Phillip K, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Reviewed 28 July 2017

My stay was very pleasant and friendly. I was made to feel welcome by your charming and warm staff. I would use this hotel in the future if I am ever in Charlotte again.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Phillip K, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!