All reviewsbistro restaurantoutdoor fireplacefront deskmarriott courtyardthe shuttle drivertypical courtyardmissed our connecting flightlight railcharlotte airportearly flightamerican airlineswould definitely stay here againfirst floorrooms are cleanworkout roomminute driveconvenient location
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I stay in a variety of Marriott properties regularly. Most (Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, Spring Hill) have breakfast buffets and a daily newspaper. Not this one.
There is a small restaurant with counter service and limited options. There weren’t many people there but the staff plodded slowly on.

I looked for a newspaper but there were none. Then I looked for a men’s room near the restaurant but there was none either. There is some construction going on but that’s no excuse.

I would have given less than 3 stars but the room was nice, clean and comfortable and the checkin was flawless and quick. We rode over in the van from the airport and the van was first class.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmount2001
Yashica H, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear dmount2001,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of our guest’s feedback, as it only continues to strengthen our operations.

Marriott recently rolled out a ‘Green’ initiative, including changing to all LED lighting, adding recycling programs to all guest rooms, and not producing newspapers. I deeply apologize if this inconvenienced you in anyway.

Please rest assured that I have shared all of your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams, to ensure that your negative experience is an isolated one.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Not the quality expected for Mariott and Courtyard. Fitness center was out of order. Computer for printing boarding passes was out of order. Online reservation does not provide notifications for these inconviences.

Air conditioning/heating unit was noisy and so loud couldn't hear television while unit fan was running. Thermostat on wall, but not connected.

Poor television program selection and no station guide.

No complimentary water offered.

Hot water in shower was in as inadequate.

Noisy. Could hear water running in other rooms and other guests talking.

Sorely disappointing. Will not return and wouldn't recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melinda F

Dear Melinda F,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies, on behalf of our entire team.

Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our entire team, to ensure your experience was an isolated one,

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I scheduled to host a training program at this hotel-what a mistake. The total is near the airport and I think most of the people are laying over for an early flight. There is free parking, but the parking lot is packed making it difficult to find parking space.

The front desk is totally disorganized and difficult to check in. I walked up to check in and the woman at the front desk just turned around and disappeared for about five minutes. When she returned I asked her why she left when she saw me walking up to check in, and her response " I needed to talk to my manager". I am a Platinum Premier Marriott member and did not feel that the fronts desk really cared. I stay in at least 4 different Marriott hotels each week and this Courtyard really does not represent the Marriott brand very well. This is one of the worst Courtyards I have ever stayed in.

As mentioned parking is a nightmare, with limited space available. My sleeping room was a suite, However, I found out that suites are odd numbers, meaning they face the airport and was very noisy.

The bedroom has a bed with a sofa and a small TV. There is no chair to set on while watching TV. The living room as a fridge, microwave and a computer desk with a same sofa.

All in all, I would not select to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank FLJ021251

Dear FLJ021251,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our property with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of our entire team.

Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure that this was an isolated incident.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

The shuttle service left for the airport promptly at the time specified. The indoor pool was a little chilly but the hot tub was excellent. The staff is so helpful & friendly. We ordered a pizza from Pizza Huts because that is what our granddaughter wanted. We waited 1 1/2 hours & finally called to check on our order. They didn't have an order for us in their system despite having taken our credit card data. We called Papa John's and they said it would be around 2 hours before we could get a pizza delivered. These restaurants were both on the recommended list from the hotel. So I went to the bistro in the lobby & got two quesadillas which were excellent, but the granddaughter didn't like them. So I bought a small individual pizza for her from the hotel marketplace & took it to the counter to the front desk to pay for it. After hearing our story, Eric Whartun at the front desk said he would not charge us for it and would also put it in their oven rather than having us use the microwave so it would taste better. He was a lifesaver after so much pizza trouble. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone & would stay there in a heartbeat. Loved the entire staff as they were so informative about everything we asked.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Yashica H, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hello KansasKidDenver,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad that you enjoyed your experience overall and hope to see you again soon!

Yashica Harrell

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Between Friends and myself, we had several rooms and we all agree this hotel needs a lot of help. From the restaurant/bar to the rooms to the common area, this hotel more help at the front desk, training, etc. The phone rang over and over while we were there and we experienced having a hard time getting ahold of someone to ask questions in route and to make a reservation. Of information (credit card, home address, phone numbers) was asked on checkin and again on checkout!
My room had a Dirty tub, the light was out, the toilet was broken. We waited too long in the restaurant, they were out of so many items. After a long wait for some drinks, another staff member went to check on the status for me and when the door opened to the backroom, the person who took the order was found on her cell. The public bathroom needed servicing.

Tip: check for some recent good reviews before staying here.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank philipu2015

Dear philipu2015,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We have shared your experience with the appropriate team members to ensure these issues are not repeated going forward. I recognize that we failed to meet your expectations on this visit, but I certainly hope you might consider giving us another opportunity to better your experience on your next trip to Charlotte. Please feel free to contact me with any further concerns.

Sincere Regards,