“Good food limited menu”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Fairview Road
Description: A Vibrant French Brasserie blending tradition and modern cuisine!We have a full bar, a raw bar featuring fresh seasonal oysters from the east and west coast, as well as patio seating and private dining.
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

A lot of oysters and seafood that I can't eat. Great onion soup. Superb service. Valet parking a plus

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Four of us had dinner to celebrate anniversaries. The place is known for it's seafood, especially mussels, clams, oysters. My wife and the other couple had the mussels and fresh raw oysters. They were outstanding, so fresh, so many. I had wonderful She Crab Soup, some of the best ever. I had fresh North Carolina red snapper with crab cakes. it was over the top. We all had wine, scotch, and excellent desserts. The service was superior, as good as any fancy New York or Parisian restaurant. It's a fancy high price eatery and rightfully so. What a totally enjoyable occasion for all of us

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We went to Georges for dinner last night for the first time (I had been there before for lunch). Our meal, the service, and the setting, were all outstanding! Everything was outstandingly delicious and they had unique offerings from so many of our Charlotte restaurants. I had one of the best chicken dishes (seeped in sage sauce) which was to die for. My husband had a beautifully prepared vegetable pasta with light homemade sauce. We had a charcuterie board to start, and my husband had a few oysters. We ended our meal with the chocolate mousse which did not disappoint. It was a lovely summer evening and we also enjoyed sitting out on their beautiful patio. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Based upon the reviews and the menu from the Open Table link we decided to try this restaurant. The menu you see online is not the menu you receive in the restaurant, instead you receive an menu with maybe 1/3 - 1/2 of the dishes. When inquiring about this we were told the person who handles the website didn't get around to updating the site. Our poor waitress had to serve, in addition to us (two people) two more twos, a six and an eight. It took a half hour to receive our cocktails. Mussels are obviously the star item on the menu so we ordered them for an appetizer. When served almost half had not opened indicating they were either under cooked or spoiled. This was mentioned and it was removed from the check, the indigestion lasted until the next day. When ordering the scallops waitress asked if medium rare is okay - answer no fully cooked is preferred as in sominella or ecoli. The punishment for this was the shrimp and scallop in the bouillabaisse were over cooked and two of the mussels hadn't opened. In regard to the bouillabaisse, three medium shrimp, one scallop, three clams, and four mussels do not come close to justify the hefty $30 price. It could have been nice but an all around disaster.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We were there to celebrate a friend's birthday and ordered bunch of appetizers and dishes to share. I cannot even remember what we exactly ordered because nothing was worth remembering. Only mussels were good and also wine recommendation was spot on. The service was extremely slow since we were also the only ones sitting outside but that was still not acceptable. Overall an OK experience and I don't think I would pick this restaurant for a special night next time.