“If you love Tattoos, BBQ, and Beer - this is your place.”
Review of Mac's Speed Shop

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Dilworth
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Unfortunately, I am not a BBQ lover, do not really like beer, and prefer a comfortable place to sit. OK, so I'm female and over 50, Mac's is relaxed and noisy. No real 'other food' choices. Interesting excursion, but will not be back. Some of the men liked it, and 20-somthings liked it a lot.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

In town to visit friends with my daughter. The food was good,( Mac and cheese was great). Beer selection is amazing.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We went to Macs while on business travel in Charlotte. We were a party of 12 and had great service. We did not have a reservation (not sure if they take them) but were seated right away in the bar area at one of the long high-top tables. The fried pickles and hush puppies were delicious. The beer selection was great and my burger was pretty good. Fries seemed like they had been sitting around for a bit but overall my meal was fine. Nothing amazing but hit the spot.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This is my 4th visit over the past 2 years. This time it was a smoked half chicken, some wings and a flight of local beer. We sat outside and enjoyed the sun. Very convenient location about 1 mile off of I-77. My wife had a shrimp salad and my son had the wings and a burger. All of it was good and a good value.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I was in town on a business trip and found this place by mistake.

The service was great and the food was even better.

My least favorite thing was the burnt end appetizer. It was a little dry and more of chunks than ends.

We also ordered the smoked wings and they were really really good. The hushpuppies were also good.

The place has a very cool vide and I love the way its decorated.

I will be back soon.