See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Continental breakfast consists of three previously frozen Danish, three croissants, a pot of coffee and some powdered creamer.
One of the poorest examples of a breakfast that I've encountered.
Oh yes there is a juice dispenser.

I would have taken a photo, however it was too tough to take out my phone.

LOL

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Ela P, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Sorry you was unhappy with our breakfast, but we don't advertise continental breakfast we call it a grab and go. We do have powdered creamer and half and half creamers as well.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The room at this location was what one anticipates for the price. However, if you are a jogger or walker then go elsewhere or refrain from your exercise during your stay. The area is very,very bad. There was no breakfast to speak of. The fact that the office is locked at night and one speaks to the staff through thick plexiglass tells the story.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Sure, it isn't the greatest area of town, and being familiar with Charlotte, I knew that when I made the reservation. But if you need a low priced place to stay in a location convenient to uptown or the University area, this works well.
I had several interactions with staff members and they were all friendly and professional.
The room was dated, old carpet and pictures, but it was clean, and at this price point, that was all that mattered to me.
I was surprised how quiet it actually was all night, considering that the hotel was full.
Breakfast was very basic, but again, I can't complain.

So, in summary, for the price it was very adequate. You can spend much more and stay uptown or you can spend more and stay in the University area. The staff was good, the lot was well lit and quiet. No problems at all.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristen V
Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is a great location to downtown. The check in clerk was friendly. They were redoing the stairs- so she made sure to explain where to park, in order to get to our room. The outside is rather dated and needs refurbishment- but the room was clean- we were only there for one night on a road trip- so it met our needs. Very odd the next morning- we went for the breakfast- there was one table and a guy was spread out with all of his food, his newspaper and laptop. It turns out he was the hotel clerk. He did assist us once he left his breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

The reviews didn't mention the thugs outside, some sort of questionable transaction in the rear lot or the jail type gate around the property.

I found this place on the Internet and my fiance only went in to cancel the reservations.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends