See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

We left right after we got to our room. We pulled the sheets back on the bed and there was hair and a tissue in the bed. Dog poop on the sidewalk and the person in the room next to us was complaining that they had to go buy toilet paper because they were not given any. When I got to the office they were talking to someone else about a complaint. They said they would give us our money back but have not seen it returned to my card yet. We ended up at the relax in in bryson city it was great.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 17,303,561
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I was in town for a concert at the casino. I checked into the hotel at 9pm, and did not immediately go to the room because we (my friend and I) were already 20 minutes late for the concert. When the concert ended and we finally got to the room, we walked in and saw a huge spider on our pillows. We walked right back out, and drove home (we live about 1 hour from Cherokee). It's been 4 days and I haven't gotten a call back from the manager. After speaking with several different people, I still have not gotten an apology. I even stated that I did not want a full refund, just 50% for what I had endured. I was also told it was not the motels fault. I get that we're out in the middle of the woods, but it should be the housekeeping or managers responsibility to check each room to ensure those experiences do not happen. I have worked at several different motels and hotels over the past 5 years and I can't believe how these employees and managers have acted towards me. Beware, they will do anything to keep your money no matter how uncomfortable you feel! Oh, and also the room smelled musty and there were spider webs connecting the bedside table to the beds.
Completely dissatisfied. I will never return.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rama4436
Reviewed 24 August 2015

This was my second visit to Riverside. The room was clean and the people were nice. We love the fact that we are right on the river. My son fished right outside my room. The room was affordable and I will be back.

6  Thank Kandi H
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

The rooms smelled like cigarette smoke even though they were non smoking rooms. The bed sheets had stains all over them and there was still hair on the pillows from where someone before. We decided to change motels and when we asked for our money back they tried to charge us a return fee of 5%. We refused to pay the fee and asked for a manager who gave us back the full refund. We ended up staying in the Great Smokies Inn which I highly recommend.

2  Thank Meagan N
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Although the motel was older, it was clean and convenient to all the sights we wanted to visit in the area. The first floor rooms have parking directly in front of the door to the room, which is great for carrying in luggage. The balcony hangs over the river where you could talk to the trout fishermen, watch the people tubing down the river and just enjoy watching the moving water with the duck famiily swimming around