“Typical Mexican Food ”

Rancho Viejo
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The only Mexican food to pick from in Cherokee. They had a typical Mexican menu with above average prices.

The chips and salsa are great. I ordered the Pollo Loco and it was enough for two people. They accidentally left off the cheese sauce. When I told the server he returned with a bowl of cheese sauce...yum!

I'd recommend this place. Remember Cherokee is dry so you will not get a Margarita with dinner!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I went to dinner here last night while visiting Cherokee. There are very few dining options outside of the casino, so we chose to eat here based on other's reviews, but that turned out to be a mistake. I ordered the fajitas vaquero and was expecting much better food for the $14. My tortilla wraps were both soggy in spaces and hard as a brick in others, the "steak" was burnt, tough, and crunchy, the chicken was extremely dry and tough, and the measly 3 shrimp that was in there was the chewiest, most rubbery, disgusting shrimp I've ever tasted, took one bite of the shrimp and couldn't chew it so I had to spit it out in a napkin. I'm not at all picky about Mexican food, so for me to say this is the worst/most expensive meal I've ever had at a Mexican restaurant, is saying a lot. To add insult to injury, my husband and I both had stomach problems all night afterwards. I definitely do NOT recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Amberleigh P
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

With so few choices here in Cherokee to have dinner we tried here. Love it. Great service and food. Chips and Salsa were plentiful too.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We popped in here for lunch & enjoyed the food but especially the Fried Ice Cream. Extensive menu and service was great. Yum, delicious!!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Sometimes you have a meal that you don't want to ever end. That sums up this place. The lunch cheese steak taco was absolutely delicious. Wonderful flavor and fresh. The salsa here is also really, really good. I would not hesitate to eat here again. Very authentic and very good.