All reviews room was clean continental breakfast rocking chairs air freshener within walking distance yogurt bryson city short drive front desk staff an older hotel definitely stay here again non smoking room easy access convenient location we've stayed casino pillows
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as our base for hiking in the Smokies. The room was ok. The towels are thin and small. The pillows are pretty small and flat. We did have breakfast one day, and it was alright, although they were out of coffee!! I need my coffee!! They also did not clean our room one day, and that was a bummer after hiking all day, we really needed those clean towels. It was good for the price, but if you want and luxury you won't get that. We needed a place to lay our heads and we got that.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Our stay was 3 nights and we had no problems or complaints. The room was cleaned each day with bed made, fresh towels and amenities were restocked. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful with some directions we required. Light breakfast, good coffee and pleasant conversation with other people from different areas.The Cherokee museum was across the street and very interesting. Harrah's Casino was convenient and fun. Down the street is Paul's restaurant with very good food. Also close is the Smokey Mountain National Park with scenic drives.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank williamlP331VR
Susan A, General Manager at Econo Lodge Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Econolodge.We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

I like visiting places that are "out of season". It gives me the chance to "see" without seeing the crowd and this was the week to do Cherokee, North Carolina. On "another motorcycle trip" .. I stayed at the Cherokee Econo Lodge using it as a base for riding both the Infamous "Dragon" and the Cherohala Skyway when most people are still home "planning" their summer. I found the room adequate for sleeping, showering and "warming up" after a great day of riding. The bed was comfortable and the TV lulled me to sleep in no time. Breakfast is included and if you like Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Yogurt and premade waffles (toaster type) you'll be happy. FYI .. My room rate for Thursday night was $55.00. Friday thru Sunday it goes to $129.00. It's a clean place and convenient to "down town walking" thru the Cherokee Souvenir Shops (with almost everything made in Japan, Taiwan or China) and when it's made by local artists .. well, you better bring a lot of cash or a very high limited credit card.
I'd recommend it to my friends .. just be careful what days you go.

Room Tip: Room 113 needs a new toilet.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Randy G
Susan A, Manager at Econo Lodge Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

Thank you for taking time to review Econolodge.We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Pros: Close to downtown Cherokee, and a short drive or shuttle to Harris Casino. Room was clean, mini fridge, single serve coffee maker. Front desk staff was wonderful, professional, and friendly. Check - in was speedy.

Cons: The mattress' are awful, Econo Lodge was "recently remodeled", but the mattress was left behind. It was an old mattress with a topper on it that made for a miserable 3 nights sleep. No balcony; however, there are chairs outside each room. Each room is heated and cooled by a window unit, which made it difficult to regulate. The walls and ceilings are thin and you can hear people talking all hours of the night and walking above you. I did not take part of the complementary breakfast, so I cannot speak to it.

Neither Pro/Con: Location was wonderful, be careful though, you may miss it. It's tucked away behind a church, directly across from KFC at the red light. Wi-fi was free, but it was awful, and 4G wasn't much better in our room. We didn't come here to occupy our electronics, but it would have been nice, when we wanted to. On the day of checkout the housekeeper was very eager to clean our room, so much so that he walked in on us without knocking before check out, and knocked a second time before we even had a chance to vacate the room. The bathroom was clean but our door stuck, leaving us stranded in the bathroom a time or two, for a few minutes. I also noticed a small spot of mold near the tile grout, between the toilet and shower, most likely from water splashing out of the shower. Overall our stay was okay. I don't know if I would stay here again; however, it may be a good choice for someone on a tight budget.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2016

This location is very close to Harris. They have a shuttle to use if you don't want to drive. It is less than 5 mins from Harris. It is close to everything. It is down in a hole so if you are not careful you will miss the entrance.

Room Tip: We had upstairs and corner room it was fairly quite.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgiapeachgirl10
Susan A, General Manager at Econo Lodge Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Econolodge.We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again!