“Good food but sloooooooow service”

Paul's Family Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: American, Native American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped for lunch and while the people who worked there were incredibly friendly and the food was fresh and tasty, we had to wait over an hour for our food. We didn’t order anything fancy, soup, sandwiches, and a burger. Maybe it was because it was Easter Sunday, but the kitchen was extremely slow. Still, when everything came out it was hot and fresh. For something different try the fry bread! We liked that it had an Indian menu and also incredible desserts. Our only complaint is how long it took to get our food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service and food were EXCELLENT! We went early on Saturday morning and had no problem with seating, Even though there were only 2 of us, we got a large table overlooking the river. Our server was very attentive to coffee levels and we got our YUMMY food very quick. I can understand all the positive reviews. You should go and have breakfast here. We brought home a Paul's coffee cup.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in Cherokee, N.C. after a NLL Buffalo Bandits road game in Georgia. I was ready to get some breakfast at Paul's Restaurant but it was already After Noon so i had to get something else. I had a Club sandwich and my friend had a hamburger. Buffalo Burgers are also available here and the menu had a nice variety. Our food was good and the prices were reasonable. The waiter we had was also very polite. The parking lot was jammed packed so we said they must have good food and they did...I would eat here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The place is not appealing; the staff not welcoming. The menu is dull, the food greasy and processed, frozen, canned. Salad had 2 cherry tomatoes, wilted Romaine and iceburg, 2 slices cucumber and a bunch of grated processed cheese. Bottled dressings only--in packages.

You have to scout out decent restaurants/food here.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We were looking for local authentic food. As soon as you walk in the atmosphere is not welcoming. The staff seemed mad. After we waited for a long time our food arrived. Our waitress wasn’t very friendly, she looked like she was annoyed and she never refilled our drinks. I’m not a picky person and I could eat pretty much anything but the food was AWFUL. I ordered the rabbit. It was extremely dry and hard and it tasted old and reheated. It was simply not edible and I had to return it. The waitress told me I could order something ele se so I ordered the ostrich burger. Well...it was also horrible. The meat was dry and the taste wasn’t pleasant. My husband ordered the chicken livers. They were fried for who knows how long that they were hard as a rock and dry inside. It looked like they were previously cooked and fried again. He got a really bad stomach ache after we left. My daughters ordered the chicken fingers. Again dry and nasty. Nothing was fresh or juicy. It appears that all the food is put frozen into the microwave and cooked for an eternity, or deep fried for too long and then over and over. When we got the check they charged the rabbit. We couldn’t believe it. The quality of their food doesn’t deserve even one star. We waisted $90. Frozen food from Walmart would have been way better.