I have emailed the owner/manager twice concerning our meal on Thanksgiving Day and got the same generic response from her that she posted on here to another patron who was disappointed. I don't even know where to begin, except we were corralled in and waited in line for 30 mins with elderly parents whom can't stand for long periods, we were told we had a reservation at 2:00 PM, but was not allowed into the Inn until 2:45 PM, then we were placed in the very back of a dining room at 2 separate tables for our family of 10 and they told us we'd be notified when the buffet was ready and when we were it was 95% empty, we had to wait an additional 15 mins on refills, and an extra 15 mins just on turkey, while the staff seemed very overwhelmed. Didn't get drink refills, I asked 2 wait staff members to speak with a manager and both requests were ignored, so I emailed Kim Cason twice and still have not had the issue resolved, so I thought it'd be best if I left my review here for Ms. Cason. Maybe then there will be some resolution. It was an absolute flop, very, very disappointing experience from the beginning to the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant is nestled within the Hickory Nut Gorge of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains located in Chimney Rock, NC. Enjoy hiking, climbing and fishing and golfing. While dining enjoy the majestic views of Chimney Rock State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Esmeralda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Chimney Rock