Cherries Cafe
Ranked #39 of 72 Restaurants in Clemmons
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The food here is good, but you don't get much to eat. Prices are high for what you get. I would not recommend.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This restaurant seems to be run on what's best and easiest for them, not the customer. For example, they're open for lunch only and only accept cash or check. When was the last time you visited a restaurant that didn't take credit cards? Desserts are excellent and the place is worth a splurge if you don't mind paying a lot for it.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I have only eaten here a couple of times and have found it disappointing on both occasions. Went today with a small group of friends and had the shrimp melt muffins with a small salad. Muffins were drenched in a gooey cheesy sauce with not a whole lot to recommend in the way of flavor. The muffins underneath were so gummy that it was difficult to slice them. The small side salad was decent - croutons, crunchy fresh lettuce, and tiny bits of tomato. Cherries signature dressing is okay, certainly nothing special. A little too sweet and bland. Took a bite of a friend's chicken pie which tasted like it had a limp pre-made crust and a soggy texture. While I have often spent more on lunch, I felt that this menu was way too overpriced for the quality. Almost $12 for a cheese and bacon bit sprinkled baked potato, the cheapest item offered! On my last visit (which was quite a while back) I ordered the crab muffin which was about $14 or $15. It was fake "Krab"! Yuck! Our waitress was great - friendly, down to earth, attentive, and gently humorous. The atmosphere is pleasant and attractive - colorful and original artwork covers the walls, flowers on each table, and while the space was full, I didn't feel too crowded. But the food just isn't good!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I had heard raves about Cherries. The service was quite good. They only accept cash or checks. There is a limited menu and the only dressing is their house specialty. Other than a baked potato for almost eleven dollars, the rest of the menu came in at fourteen dollars or above. I ordered a chicken salad croissant with a small salad. My friend had the chicken pie. We both had sweet tea which was far too sweet. When the food came mine was good but just chicken salad on an average croissant and the salad fit in a custard cup. The chicken pie looked like a plate of gravy. My friend ordered pound cake which she enjoyed. Our lunch came to forty dollars before gratuity. If the food had been incredible or or the portions generous I may have understood but average lunch should have an average cost. I will not be back.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Had lunch today at Cherries Cafe in Clemmons NC and the food and service was good! Not a large cafe so you may want to call ahead if there are several in your group. We were right at noon and had to wait for about ten to fifteen minutes, not to bad!