“Classic Southern Family Dining”

Blue Rooster Southern Grill
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Clyde
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New cafe in the old Walmart plaza near Waynesville, NC. Outstanding southern comfort foods featuring fresh and locally grown foods. Excellent service, food quality and value for the money. Currenlty open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Closed on Saturdays.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The Blue Rooster is a very fine family owned southern style restaurant with traditional entrees and to die for desserts. Whether it be lunch or dinner, the food is always dependably good and the service is outstanding. Fried chicken, Aunt B's meatloaf, sandwiches and chops are among my favorite choices. Vegetables include collard greens, real mashed potatoes, and fried green tomatoes. Friday night is prime rib night and the owner prepares the meat with his own special dry rub. THE BEST prime rib in Haywood County! Many deserts are homemade on site - the coconut cake should not be passed up. The wait staff and the husband/wife owners are always cheerful, friendly, and efficient. While they are working on their ABC license to serve beer and wine, they do allow you to bring your own and will provide glasses. Closed on Saturday and Sunday, but all other days are a real southern dinning experience.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank wmljr2002

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

A local favorite spot that feels like home, but tastes like a 5star experience. I love their Greek Salad, Fried Chicken, Aunt B's Meatloaf and desserts but my FAVORITE has been the Shrimp & Grits...best I've ever had anywhere!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

If you are going to have fried chicken on the menu in North Carolina, it better be very good fried chicken and Blue Rooster has excellent fried chicken. Very classic version of the dish - not overly coated but with great flavor and a nice crisp exterior that lets the quality of the chicken come through. I had the collard greens and the fried yellow squash as sides, and the squash was the by far the best preparation of that vegetable ever. Others in our party raved about the mashed potatoes and the blackened fish. Excellent, attentive service even though it was near closing time when we got there and the restaurant had been packed that evening. All around high-quality experience. We'll definitely be back on a return trip.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

It is located in a small strip mall. I read the reviews from Trip Advisor and was warned not to be fooled by the location.

I had the fried chicken filet, mashed potatoes, green beans and a salad. My friend had the grilled salmon and grilled shrimp along with a salad. Both of us really enjoyed our meals. The service was excellent. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the outside appearance of this restaurant, it serves great food at reasonable prices! When we drove up to the strip mall where this restaurant is located, no one in my group wanted to go in but everyone was impressed by the friendly staff and the wonderful food (even my mother who is super picky)! I highly recommend this option if you are in the area!