“Best place in Concord for good food, friendly staff, and a birthday party”

Andele Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 315 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is THE best Mexican food. The staff is great, we are old/retired and the staff is very helpful in finding new Mexican tastes, without being Fire /spicy hot, for us to enjoy. We like to just drop in for a date night, always a fun time. This is a great place to celebrate a Birthday...it has become a family tradition to celebrate at Andele. Age 6 to 60 everyone has a great time. After a big meal at Andele, walk down a few stores and find an Ice cream to slide in.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

In the past I have given Andele great reviews.I like to support locally owned businesses whenever possible. My wife & I had dinner at Andele tonight. I had my usual Burrito Verde and it was not good. Not fresh. Not flavorful, just not good.
As I paid my bill, the gentleman asked me how was my meal. (Tall,Shaven/Bald gentleman)
I never complain about bad meals. I typically will come back to the restaurant one more time.If it's still bad I just won't go back again.
Since we have always liked Andele, I thought I would give him my honest feedback.
I told him we are regular customers and the meal was just o.k.He said, and I quote, "We do the best we can with what they give us". His attitude prompted me to respond. "You know it just wasn't good, and I thought you should know.
Since I don't know if he was just an employee, and the owner wasn't there, I just left it at that.
I might stop in to speak to the owner, I don't know, Chances are,I just won't go back.
This is why I'm disappointed. Now I need to find new Mexican restaurant.
Any suggestions?

1  Thank Zosonic
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I was returning from Dublin, Ireland. They security guard in Dublin asked me if I had been to Andele's. It was his favorite restaurant in the Carolinas. It has a great reputation for a reason.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Good food and good service.
We have been coming here for years. Love the food! Chips are usually very fresh and they will work to make your order right.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

This use to be one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. I decided to visit one afternoon for takeout. When arrived there were 4 young servers at front more focused on gossip than attending to the customer needs. As I waited few seconds, one looks up wearing an "exaggerated" cat eyeliner and asks, "what are you having?" This is not the warm greeting I had always received by the original owners who would first ask if I wanted to dine in or order takeout. My surprised facial expression didn't register with the immature host. I had to ask for a menu then she finally realized her error. No offer of apology was attempted. The menu had completely changed and customer service too. Don't be fooled by the name. This place is obviously under new management with awful customer service!!! I declined to place an order and left with no plans of ever returning. Advice to management: be very careful about who you hire to represent your business and please select a mature host staff.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member