“Good food, small place, slow service”
Review of Carm's Cafe

Carm's Cafe
Ranked #33 of 340 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to this place for lunch a few times. All of the lunches had been fantastic except for the service. It took quite a while to get our lunch. The prices are average along with the coffee. The inside is very small so it’s bad for large party’s and can get cramped in there. Would recommend for lunch however.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Service was good, as was the food, but nothing special and tiny portions. Soup was basically a thimble-sized cup!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I met up with a friend here to grab a quick lunch. We are both vegetarian, and the options where plentiful. We split a wrap and Greek salad. They also offered for free watermelon infused water. So delicious and the price was excellent. Try this out!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I took my Mom here today for her birthday. It was our first visit but it most certainly won't be our last. We got turned around trying to find the place (Siri was having a bad day), so I finally asked a group of ladies passing us if they knew where it was. They all pointed in unison to a coffee cup hanging over the sidewalk a few stores down and one lady said, "Try the chicken salad. It's amazing."

Not knowing how the restaurant worked, we headed to a table with the menus. The owner said we needed to order at the counter but when she realized it was our first time there and we weren't familiar with the menu, she seated us herself and went over the menu and the specials for us. It was only 11:30 but the crab cakes on the specials board were already sold out -- note to self on that one; I love crab cakes. When I asked her about the chicken salad I kept reading about in reviews, she told me they had 3 kinds, all made in house. My Mom said she'd like to take some home to try after our meal but wasn't sure which one she should get. The owner said, "I'll bring you some of each to try." That scored major points in this foodie's heart. When she brought out a little plate with all 3 kinds of their chicken salad on it, along with a sample of their tuna salad, and 3 forks for us, I told her she had just made a repeat customer. That kind of Southern hospitality makes me proud of where I come from. Each one was fabulous -- the cilantro/avocado, the mandarin orange (my favorite), and the homestyle (my daughter's favorite). I even liked the tuna salad. And I don't like tuna salad. She said everything's always fresh and they sell out quickly most days so if you want to take some home (we did!), get there early enough. They sell it by the pint, the quart, and the pound.

We ordered before we tasted the chicken salad but next time, that's what I'm getting for sure. From the menu, I ordered the Tuscan chicken sandwich and my daughter and my Mom got the chicken Caesar wrap. For our sides, I got the roasted beets (very good, but I'd try something different next time because, well, they're beets), my daughter got the macaroni salad (it was delicious!); and my Mother got the side salad, which looked really crisp and bright green. Everything tasted light and fresh, like someone's Mom got up super early to make it all. And the portions on our plates were all very generous, too. We were all super hungry when we got there but each of us was still able to take half of our meal home. And the basil blueberry water we had with our meals was very refreshing. I'm a Southern girl who was raised on sweet tea -- in fact, I think sweet tea, not A positive, might actually be my blood type -- but I've been on a quest for better health, so recently I've been slowly trying to introduce water to my body. I really, really, really don't like water, but this jazzed up version of it (which we were told changes frequently) was very tasty and flavored just enough to trick my body into thinking it was anything other than plain water, so it made me feel like I was being really nice to myself. Plus, I actually had a superfood in my water!

In addition to the wonderful food, the venue is small, which makes it feel casual and cozy. Tables are sparse and seat no more than 4 or 5 each, though (unless they have seating in the back somewhere that I didn't see), so I'm not sure where a large crowd would sit if you had a bigger group to seat. But their fare certainly speaks to a luncheon crowd's needs, so I'm sure a bigger space would invite just that.

Bottom line: the simplicity of the menu, plus the restaurant's Southern charm, the freshness of the ingredients in their dishes, the reasonable prices, and the "extra mile" service that says they care about their clientele makes for a formula that will certainly be bringing me back to Carm's Cafe in the future. And it's now at the top of my recommendation list for the people I know.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I get to visit this Quaint Cafe almost every Tuesday morning as they host a "Veterans Coffee". I appreciate how they honor Veterans! The breakfast items that I have purchased there are all very tasty. I have not been disappointed yet, and don't expect to. The staff is very courteous!