See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Although it is quite a drive for us each day, we always stay at Carolina Country Inn because it is the best place around. The rates are reasonable, the place is clean enough to eat off the floors, the location is peaceful, and the owners actually CARE about their guests. The older part of the building is not moldy, as I read another visitor wrote. The rooms might smell a bit stale in that building just from the age of it but if you turn on the air or the fan it clears right up. I was speaking to the owner and he was telling me about some of the upgrades he is planning in the near future. I can't wait to be back for Autofair in the fall !!

Room Tip: Older section is closer to Hardee's for 6am coffee!!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

Attending a high school reunion in Concord on Auto Show weekend, I was able to find only two available rooms (at chain hotels) with rates hiked up to $300 per night. A classmate sent me to Carolina Country Inn (really an old time motel) which had rooms and no rate hiking. The rooms were very clean, microwave, refrigerator, safe and friendly owner/operator husband and wife. Hardee's next door. A great place to stay and I highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2016

We would so like to see the rebirth of small mom and pop motels. While this place comes close, it's missing the mark. As other reviewers noted it is clean, exceptionally so. We don't mind the lack of amenities, I carry my own shampoo anyway. We do not usually use the "hot breakfast" offered by chains, but coffee is necessary for me to start my day. With Hardee's next door, that wasn't an issue. The issue here is that this is an old motel. Only one section of rooms, "the newer building", did not smell of mold. Yes, there are smoking and non smoking rooms so be very, very clear on what you need. Then be clear you want a room in the new section. The second night of our 2 night stay the power was out in the new section. This was not the owners fault. He offered us another room but it stunk so bad of mold we would not have been able to stay in it. The second room was smaller and no discount if we had stayed in it. We would have left and found a chain motel, but again he refused to refund our money (apparently because he felt he had other rooms to offer). When I called for a reservation he quoted me one price, but the room we got was higher. He showed us the room for the quoted price and it smelled of mold also. So buyer beware. I agree with another reviewer. I wanted to like this place. On the surface it is clean and neat as a pin, but then you get below that level and it loses its charm. I would not stay here again and could not recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer building and be clear if you want a no smoking room.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCBug
Reviewed 16 March 2015

On March 13 2015,I had the most pleasant stay at the Carolina Country Inn. Durning this stay I noticed the following;
1. The room was spotlessly clean.2 Not even a speck of dust.3 Everything in the room worked, 4The plumbing was purfect. 5 The bedding was clean and tight 6.Check in was quick and courteously. Being a Master Sergant in the USAF. I have conductrd white glove inspections This Carolina Country Inn would pass as the best place to stay on the east or west coast and, I have stayed in and inspected hotels around the world,
Your Truly MSGT Charlie and, Betty Bell

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betsyboo9166
Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

We only stayed here because the Tough Mudder was a mile away. It's actually the only motel in Mount Pleasant. I'm not really sure it's even worth the $60/night, but here are the pros and cons (based on our room):

Pros -

1. No bad smells
2. Clean
3. Perfect location for Tough Mudder volunteers and participants
4. Top notch shower water pressure
5. Super cheap
6. Hardee's and a gas station next door
7. Fridge (but no microwave)
8. Only hotel/motel for 20 miles.

Cons-

1. No shampoo or clock. I'm surprised there were towels at that rate.
2. TV from the 1960's. I think the display was a greenish yellow color.
3. ***Can hear through the walls! This was awful when we needed a good night's rest. And this was just basic talking. They must be paper thin walls. Light sleepers beware.
4. Beds are small. We had two beds and I felt like it was made for a 10 year old.
5. Heat & A/C units are loud.
6. No microwave
7. Not that it matters, but it's the first time I have ever seen an actual key for the room instead of a slide card.
8. No sense of security.
9. I called 3+ months prior to book the room. They don't give out confirmation codes. So I called the day of the trip to verify my room was ready. I get there and he says I am not in the books. He goes on that he can't find me for 2-3 minutes then finally finds me in his hand written book. I honestly think he is the only worker and doesn't sleep much. But c'mon!

Usually I am all about a great deal, but in the future I would rather drive an additional 30 minutes to the event and spend $40 more per night than stay here again.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends