“Excellent!”

Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Corolla
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We visited the last week of June, 2012 and they told us they had only been open 10 days. They handled a party of 15 as if they were doing if for years. The salsa was unbelievable! The food was light fresh and delicious!!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A Friday night with friends. Welcomed immediately. Seated immediately. Friendly service. A Friday during Lent,
I went for fish tacos. They were great. A side of rice and beans were perfect. The Modelo was served in a cold glass. A great experience.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are from San Diego and consider Agave Roja the best Mexican restaurant east of the Mississippi. So many Mexican restaurants on the east coast are disappointing, but not this one. Our server the last two times was Mattey who was friendly and professional. I’d give Agave Roja A+ in all categories — food, service and setting (casual).

Reviewed 1 March 2018

we keep coming back and Agave is still the best Mexican!
The drinks are awesome, the food is better! Maddie our server is so friendly and nice to make you feel welcome.
the chile con carne enchiladas were delicious as was the tortilla soup.
Recommend Agave Roja!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our lunch here so much that we returned for dinner. The chips and salsa were the best ever. Then I had chicken quesadilla which were stunning. I was not all that hungry for dinner so had an appetizer with fish tostada, again delicious. They also served rice and black beans family style which I usually don’t touch but again, better than average. The place was packed for dinner.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We had pretty high hopes for Agave after seeing pretty good reviews and it was one of the few restaurants open on an off season Saturday night. They seated us promptly and even suggested we order quickly to get ahead of a large party as they admitted they would swamp their kitchen. The ambiance is pretty neat for a strip mall restaurant with some cool Day of the Dead murals but unfortunately the food just wasn't that good. Their chile relleno's just tasted weird. I think because they tried to use a vegetarian chorizo that tasted salty and not good. They would be much better off just doing shrimp or vegetables if they want to go a different route than traditional rellenos. My wife also didn't care for the seafood enchiladas but she wouldn't tell me why. The drinks were good but overpriced as is probably the trend in a resort area. 2 entrees, 2 kids meals and a couple of drinks led to an almost $100 tab. Definitely not worth it.