“Great service, great food!”

North Banks Restaurant & Raw Bar
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Corolla
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We have been a local's favorite seafood establishment for over 20 years. Daily Lunch and Dinner Specials feature fresh local fish and creative sauces. Our Raw Bar features Steamed Shrimp, Maine Lobster, Littleneck Clams, Seaside and Select Oysters and Snow Crablegs. Sit at our Full Service bar, hang with the locals, enjoy your favorite libation and watch Major League Baseball, NFL Footbal and NHL Hockey.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

It pays to listen to people when ordering that are "regulars" in a restaurant. I waited my turn til the end and it paid off. First was hubby, ordered 1/2 slab ribs (very generous portion) with fries. We split a Caesar salad (that's what our friends were doing. Follow along...they wanted anchovies...me, too!) Okay, the salad was very good. Brought that and an extra plate...I split it out...hubby doesn't "do" anchovies. The other lady in our group ordered an "appetizer" portion of panko breaded shrimp. The gentleman ordered the seafood combo. His looked very good...he didn't finish it. Lots of food. With rolls when salad is served. I could not have been more pleased following her shrimp order. They were great - 7 pieces. So, plenty of food. Good wine choices. Decent prices. Great choice! We must come back...just like our friends do on a regular basis! Oh, and I mentioned service in the "title," he was Great!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered 2 kids popcorn shrimp plates, mahi-mahi, and fried oysters. All of the mains were just ok. I will say the potatoes (side) were some of the best I’ve had. We were charged $3 each for the kid’s teas. Overall, it was overpriced for the quality. Would not visit again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We didn’t think about dinner until it was getting late, as most restaurants in the OBX close early. We decided on the North Banks Restaurant in Corolla, and called as we were leaving our house in Duck, to make sure there wasn’t a wait. She said they would be happy to have us, to come ahead, even though there wasn’t a table for 5 available. They seated us at the bar when we arrived. I had the fried shrimp, which was very good, and the cocktail sauce had a nice bite to it. The other dishes all got rave reviews - the tuna and mahi-mahi especially. The sides were mashed potatoes and green beans, and both were well prepared. The staff was friendly, the service attentive, and we’ll definitely be back!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Once again, after an eleven hour trip, it was all worth it to get to eat here. The service and the food never disappoint and the hospitality and drinks are an added bonus. There is no better quality or value anywhere.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We weer looking for a nice place to have lunch while looking at the ocean but could not find one. This location was open and only one other table was busy but we gave it a try. The cocktails came and I noticed my glass was broken after I was half finished with my drink. I asked the server and she took the glass away but did not offer to give me another in its place. I saw it was still on my bill but she did credit it after I mentioned that my drink was not empty.
The french fries were very good but the burger has pimento cheese that was very bland so I rate it a 3 as I think a fresh glass would have been proper and the food was average at best.