Review Highlights
Outstanding customer care and amazing store!

Reviewed 13 September 2020
Palpeds
Tarrytown, New York
Amazing!

Reviewed 2 July 2020
marcuscoyle
via mobile

All reviews hang gliding kirsten souvenir purchasing gifts nc
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2020

I had ordered kites and a paddle ball set prior to coming down to NC from NYC but due to FedEx ineptitude my shipment was lost. When I contacted Kitty Hawk Kites customer service Kirsten Bissell was beyond helpful and understanding as I was going on my first vacation in 2 years and spending time with my godson (who I have not seen in months due to the pandemic). I wanted to teach him how to fly a kite on the beach. Kirsten arranged for me to pick up my order at the Corolla store when I arrived and I guess everything happens for a reason. Every business needs a Kirsten Bissel and I hope the company recognizes the gem they have. Scott, at the store in Corolla, had my package waiting for me and gave me information about other fun things Kitty Hawk Kites offers vacationers. I went back to the incredible store and spent another $200 on some unique souvenir gifts. Thank you so much for your kindness and incredible customer care and I look forward to visiting and purchasing more from your store in the future. If you are visiting the Corolla area this store is a MUST!

Date of experience: September 2020
KittyHawkKitesInc, Manager at Kitty Hawk Kites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2020

Thanks for your review! We are very lucky to have Kirsten on our team and we’re glad that we were able to help get you and your godson out flying. We’re already looking forward to seeing you on your visit!

Reviewed 3 July 2020 via mobile

I did the parasailing and the hang gliding and it was so much fun! All of the staff were super friendly and the experience was phenomenal.

Date of experience: June 2020
KittyHawkKitesInc, Manager at Kitty Hawk Kites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2020

Thanks for your review! Come back and fly with us again!

Reviewed 28 September 2019 via mobile

The off road Segway safari is a must do in the outer banks. We went on tour on 9/27 and our guide was, Steve, who is a wealth of knowledge and him alone was well worth the cost. We were able to see the wild horses, learn about the ecosystem and learn how to ride a Segway from someone with so much expertise, I felt honored. I really enjoyed the talks about the historical and current changes of the island, different ecosystems and how they interconnect, and the history of the horses and why they are still alive. If you are thinking about it, definitely do it. It was so interesting and exciting, the time flew by.

Date of experience: September 2019
KittyHawkKitesInc, Manager at Kitty Hawk Kites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2019

Thanks for your glowing review! We’ll make sure To pass your comments on to Steve. Come back again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We love looking through this store each summer. Great kite selection, home decor, unique toys and clothing. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This is one of my favorite shops when ever I go to OBX. This year I was in the Corolla shop 4 times. Kirsten was there to help each time. (I kept breaking kite spars and battens) There is a kite repair shop in the store. It is stocked with everything you need to fix your kite. There are gifts and toys for the kids and adults too. If you stop to shop anywhere, make sure you stop in at a Kitty Hawks Kites (KHK) store they are awesome.

Date of experience: August 2017
KittyHawkKitesInc, Manager at Kitty Hawk Kites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Glad you enjoyed all of the games and kites! Hope to see you again soon!