Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
US$49
US$50
US$49
US$65
All reviewsclub floorfitness center next doorfront deskconvention centerbusiness tripnice hotelcrab cakesbreakfast buffetfree shuttlehotel guestslobby baran upgradehotel restaurantrtp areaking bedresearch triangle parkshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I have stayed here several times on business in the SPG preferred section. This hotel has been very consistent: clean rooms, helpful staff, and a nice breakfast buffet. One uniqueness to this hotel is that it is semi attached to a full service gym, which you gain access to as a guest. This is several steps above a normal fitness center that you would otherwise get. They alway have an outdoor pool and transportation to and from the airport and the surrounding businesses, although I have not used either so I cannot speak to the quality. It is conveniently located near 40 and 540 for easy access to the wider triangle .

One word of caution is that a common complaint is that the rooms are dark. I have heard this complaing about most Sheraton properties and I guess it's true. I have never been bothered by this but it is something to keep in mind.

Overall if you are looking for a clean, affordable and convenient hotel I recommend this for consideration.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I stayed on 09/22/17 to attend a conference the following morning. The hotel is located close to RDU. It offers a complimentary shuttle on the top of every hour. It will also take you within a 4 mile radius of the hotel which was nice. 1 complimentary bottle of water, coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and fridge. Very low ceilings in the entryway to the room and where the shower was located.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Big4087:
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. We hope that your conference was a success. Our goal at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center is to provide consistent, personalized, and exceptional service to our guests each and every day. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Diane Tawwab
Customer Service Manager
SIH

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We are SPG gold members and are familiar to the brand. We usually have reasonable expectations, but this is the worst Starwood property we have ever stayed in. The rooms are old, dingy, outdated and feel gross. The property hasn't been well maintained and it shows.

When we arrived, we pulled up after a 9 hour drive with a toddler and I walked in carrying her as well as my bags while my husband parked the car...and was "greeted" by three gentleman who were too busy talking to even bother to look up, let alone ask if we needed a hand. It took my three year old saying hi for one of them to even acknowledge people coming through the door.

Check in was ok...we were told since we were only gold members we weren't eligible for the usual perks such as room upgrades if available, late check out, because this property is different...apparently only platinum members are entitled to them here? Not the staffs fault, but still annoying.

The pool area looks nice but we arrived too late to use it, and needless to say we will be checking out and staying else where tomorrow morning until we leave town again at the end of the week.

The beds are comfortable and room service was really fast (food was edible, but nothing more.) Too bad I'm too grossed out to sleep!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jessimv:
Dear Jessimv:

Thank you for being a SPG Gold member and for your review. Please accept our deepest apologies for having missed the mark during your recent stay. It is always our goal to exceed our guest expectations and promise a truly enjoyable stay. We are greatly disappointed to hear that we did not deliver on our promise during your recent visit to the Durham area. Through each comment we receive, both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests. I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards.
Please be assured the issues raised will be investigated to determine where preventative maintenance or improvements may be necessary.
We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.
Diane Tawwab
Customer Service Manager
SIH

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I'm not entirely sure why I picked this hotel. It all started off on the wrong foot from the time I requested a shuttle from the airport. I waited outside at RDU for about 45 minutes after calling the front desk for a pick up. The hotel is approximately 10 minutes away.

I watched nearly all other hotel chains come by 2-3 times and each time, I wished I had book my reservation elsewhere.

The ONLY shining star of this property was their shuttle driver, Frank. He was attentive and actually cared about providing quality service. I appreciated his additional help to get me something to eat after coming in from a long trip. He's the only reason I am giving this place three stars.

The front desk spotted me 1k SPG points, but really didn't seem too concerned about their extreme late shuttle pick up. Just a "I'm sorry" and here's your key.

Beyond this, I was woken up at 2am by some other loud guests in the hallway and could not go back to sleep. The hallway is rather noisy, in general. I was going to call downstairs, but I handled it myself and was hoping that I would not need to fully wake up/get up in the first place.

Also, this hotel is located far away from any local restaurants or fast food, so that's important if you wish to walk anywhere. The shuttle will take you to some places, but...Yeah it can be a hassle.

Now, here I am laying in bed at 4am writing this review and I am headed to work with only a few hours of sleep. I was already running a tight schedule, but this hotel did not help matters at all.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Sarah P, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Keo D,

I want to apologize for the disappointing experience you had during your stay with us at the Sheraton Imperial. I can understand your frustration with these issues, and appreciate that you have shared them with us. We will use this information to ensure that we improve your and future guests stays with us. I am thrilled to hear that Frank provided such stellar service during your stay, I will be sure to share this with him. We hope that you give us a chance to create a more memorable and pleasurable experience if you are ever in the area again.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Comfortable room but noisy in hall. First floor room could hear conversations as people loitered before dispersing. Cheeseburger was good with lots of fries. I couldn't get wireless signal and wired didn't seem to work. I switched to my own hotspot and didn't try to get assistance from front desk. First time in a while I have been asked for government id when booking government travel rates.