Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Research Triangle Park
US$159
GardenInn.com
US$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$92
SpringHill Suites
US$115
US$130
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

The Durham Hotel(Durham)
US$209
Official Site
US$220
Travelocity
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitestayed heregoing out of their waydisappointing stayroom was cleanhome away from homegood sizewould definitely stay here againoff the highwaybreakfast stafffront desk clerkfree breakfastchapel hillconvenient locationthe breakfast areamarty
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it's pet friendly and the convenient location. Room was smaller than other Residence Inn rooms I've had and the setup was kind of weird. The bathroom was really small and the sink/mirror is outside of the bathroom. Breakfast was good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Sabrina W, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We appreciate the compliments and take any suggestions about our Breakfast and we apologize we did not meet your expectations in regards to the room set up.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

So we stayed here as a large group and due to its proximity to Chapel Hill and Durham. Not the best RI that I have stayed at. Rooms were not as updated as other RI that we have stayed at. Also their queen bed is actually a full size. We had one room that stunk and was noisy due to a dog locked in the next door unit. Had to be changed to a different one. The other room had a noisy upstairs neighbor who was playing loud music starting at 7am till he/she left. There was a lot of wood creaking due to the way the place is built. Also , no elevators so if if you have kids and luggage: you are out of luck if you get upstairs room. Staff were very nice though and the breakfast was well stocked. As far as location is concerned, it is right on I-40/Hwy55. So proximity to airport and the two cities is great but the area has nothing to walk to and overall is in the middle of nothing. The one in Durham is much nicer from outside and has a much better location. But was quite expensive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Beth E, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for the compliments regarding our Staff service and Breakfast. Our guests do enjoy our convenient location. We encourage our guests to let us if they know if we can assist them with during their stay, particularly with noise. Actually, all our suites have Queen beds (60X80).

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I remember a time when breakfast at any Marriott was the best.
Gone are those days.

The scrambled eggs are the slimy mass produced version that you get in most hotels today. Fruit is the same, not fresh and very unappetizing. The sausage looks like it was boiled rather than fried.

The rooms are very nice, but you would be better bring your breakfast than eating theirs

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Beth E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We will certainly take the opportunity to review the quality of our product to the Marriott standard.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at Residence Inns with my family for over 20 years. This was by far a flea bag motel.

When my husband and I entered the room the urine smell over powered us. We were told it was the only two bedroom suite left. Our children slept in their clothes.

It was just a quick test stop for us. I also forgot to mention the bugs in all the Rooms and the cold water showers.

This hotel is a disgrace!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Beth E, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been.

We have addressed your specific concerns with the Housekeeping and Maintenance Staff in an effort to avoid any future occurrences. We did appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns prior to your family's departure.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that
the remainder of your trip to the Durham area was most enjoyable.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We are day six in an eleven-day stay here and I have to say that this place has exceeded my expectations in every way! I called ahead and requested to be near the pool because I would be taking care of our daughter after an operation and while I did not want to sit in the room 24/7 I didn’t want to venture too far away from her. Parking is convenient no matter where your room is. When we arrived we were upgraded to a larger room than we had expected and the room is so convenient to the pool. The pool in in the center with rooms on all four sides. The room and grounds are immaculate. The furnishings are very modern and comfortable. The kitchen is well-equipped. The beds are comfortable. Outside -he pool is a good size with nice loungers/tables and an outdoor area with soft couches, a table, and a grill for our use. Yesterday when we sat at the pool there were about a dozen fresh towels for guests use. As the day went on I watched the supply dwindle to two towels and then someone immediately came to replenish the supply. The tennis court is very nice too. Convenient and with a nice bench for observers. My daughter was able to bring her pet for comfort. We see well-behaved pets around here but there is no evidence of them in our room or on the grounds. The laundry room is nice and convenient. Every area is well-lit and safe feeling. There is a very pleasant security guard walking around every day. The breakfast is good but the person who maintains it, Jennie, is especially great! Very personable and she is committed to making sure you have everything that you want or need. The housekeepers have also been amazing – going out of their way to ask us on the sidewalks, “Is there anything that you need in your room?”. The folks at the desk have been very pleasant and helpful every time we have contacted them. The internet is very good. When we have needed special help a couple of times we have received excellent customer service.
We had an AirBNB reserved for this stay because we are typically AirBNB fans but my husband pushed for us to stay here because he travels a lot for work and he is a Marriott Rewards member. He assured me that this property would better meet our needs – and he was certainly correct! I have not had a single frustration. Everything about our stay here has been perfect! I highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Tell them at the desk what your needs are. They will put you in the best place to meet them.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family