“Excellent restaurant with excellent staff”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Durham
Ranked #87 of 819 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Renaissance Parkway
Description: Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. Look around. Have a seat. If this is your first visit, prepare to taste the greatest steak you've ever eaten. As founder Ruth Fertel used to say, "If you've ever had a filet this good, welcome back." We take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a good time. So you won't find the stodgy, uptight attitude you might find at other steak houses. Feel free to laugh out loud. Stay a while. Experience the sizzle. Above all, enjoy yourself.
Reviewed 6 March 2017

You can get a very nice, if bit expensive, dinner here. The Staff is very nice and accommodating. I recommend the iceberg wedge, petit filet, brussel sprouts and spinach

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a late valentines meal here. I really recommend the chop salad. All of their steaks are great. She had a filet with blue cheese crust and I have ribeye. Both very good. They accommodated our 3.5 year old and 4 month old baby very well

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Staff was friendly, attentive, and food was good. Been to many Ruth's Chris and thought for service this was better than average. Proximity to hotel was also a plus for me.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I had wanted to eat here for a while, so went for my birthday. Was it expensive? Yes. Was it excellent? Yes. I opted for the lamb chops which might have been the best I've ever had. The temperature of them was just right, thickness was perfect, and seasoning was over the top. In an odd way, they were just a little too salty and therefore a little like "bet you can't just eat one" bite. Had 2 sides: brussel sprouts and asparagus. I prefer brussel sprouts pan grilled and cooked a little hotter with just a little char on the outside. Asparagus was good, without the dip.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

This is a live review from the restaurant.

Called in advance for a reservation, gave specific surprise instruction that the hostess agreed but did not follow through. No rose petals on the table, no surprise welcome cake as requested. Finally at the end of the dinner the cake arrived which was kinda late.

Food is what one would expect from a high end restaurant but nothing special. If you are going to spend the kind of money on a special occasion then there are better options around.

2  Thank Lahir9999