US$129
US$83
US$71
US$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$121
  • Breakfast included
Arrowhead Inn(Durham)
US$229
Official Site
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2016

My room lacked toilet paper; the refrigerator stopped working sometime overnight; the tv channels were lousy; and you don't even get those small containers of shampoo, etc., they put dispensers on the walls instead, like in a restroom at an airport. These people are cheap cheap cheap.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2016

We love staying here when returning to Duke for medical check-ups. We have been coming here for 4 years 2-3 times a year. Albeit a bit older than many hotels, the rooms are always clean and the management is helpful. We come, check in knowing we have tv, wifi, microwave and a refrigerator, a quiet nite's rest near the forest , and easy access to I-85 or Rt 70. Only 15 minutes from Duke. Rates are quite reasonable. There is an outdoor pool and playground too.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This is now called the Durham Skyland Magnuson Hotel or the Skyland Inn. Either way, I will not be visiting again. This is a run-down hotel that has made updates to keep it from going under. But it is in an area that just feels like a total remodel of the property would not bring the profits needed to justify such an investment. Room smelled slightly of smoke, chair was torn up, front door didn't seal well, "breakfast" was less than desirable, I heard complaints of other heaters in rooms not working, but staff was fine. $50 a night was more than I would spend on a room here in the future but if that is all you can afford, then the place was safe, the bed was comfy, and the room was clean.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is an old Best Western or similar type of chain hotel now owned by individuals. Knowing you are going to a Mom and Pop place your expectations should be on cleanliness and ability to sleep.
The owners and other family members were super nice and helpful, The grounds were clean and so was the room. They do have a few weekly rentals and the people who rent are the salt of the earth, actually, a lot of fun if you chat with them.
I met another family staying there, the husband was business traveller and thought it was fine, his wife was a bit pickier... We all agreed we there to hang our heads at night and not planning the vacation at the unit.
I'll be back, it is one the cleanest and quieter Mom & Pops in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bob L
Reviewed 1 May 2014

One of the worst motor coach experiences EVER!
My wife and I drove 9 hours from New Jersey to Durham, NC for a church program.

The accommodations was not fairly represented according to the photos on Expedia.

We can over look those issues.
The game changer was approx. 10:00pm we was trying to get some very needed rest...when all of a sudden we heard what we thought was guns shots.

The noise was so loud...that my wife jump out of the bed and hid on the floor in fear of getting shot.
I myself was startled, trying to figured out what was going on. the noise was continuous.

I figured that it was fire works. at this time I called Meta ( the owner of Skyland). I questioned her on what is going on? she stated that this was only going on for 20 minutes...incorrect time now approx 10:45. noise still very active.

Meta's response was that check out time was 11:00 am. Unacceptable...From a customer service stand point...we was never offered any compensation for another room or anything. I was also told by Meta that I could complain to any one I wanted, that the Durham Skyland was not affiliated with Expida or any other on line services.

It was at this time..that I told my wife that we had to leave immediately...I personally call the Durham County Sheriff to lodge my concern of the noise ordinance in the area. So I could have a 3rd party to document of our situation.

We had to risk our safety, due to the unsafe environment that this establishment had put us under.

Never again will we seek any refuge with the Magnuson establishment.

I would appreciate if someone would contact me. so I can assist that nobody else would have to experience that same ordeal!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business