“C'est magnifique!”

The French Corner Bakery
Ranked #6 of 12 Bakeries in Durham
Reviewed 9 July 2017

The owner greeted me with a friendly Bonjour! I chose a simple croissant, but what better way to judge a French bakery. It was delicious, light, buttery, but not overly sweet.
The restaurant is cheerfully decorated with artwork and games available on some of the tables. My only regret was that the coffee is self serve from urns, with the little cups of half and half. But the pastries! Que magnifique! I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Really lovely setting for a women's chat or small business meeting. Toys to keep tots happy even. We have collectively sampled about six offerings from here. Our faves are the pate en choux variety They were excellent. The divorcee and the eclair really bring it. Fudge cake and another chocolate sensation were very good but not what we had expected.It's lovely to have a bakery and we will solderr on trying to find some more tasty bits.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

After months of hearing about this bakery I finally rerouted to get here. It was worth it. I only had an apple turnover after eyeing all of the pastries, which were familiar from my time in France, Very nice and fresh and made there. If I am going to eat something I am not supposed to eat ( I don't want to get fat) I would rather eat this, than the offerings at a Starbucks or Panera.. The variety of bread looks promising. I can tell that I will thwart the google map directions I am following any time I am within a few miles to route myself here for bread or pastry.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Greeted with a lively "bonjour!" when I walked in. Only sampled two baked items, which can set the bar very high for a bakery claiming to be French. The plain croissant was superb - just the right balance of butter to flour and so many light layers - each bite practically melting in my mouth. The eclair was the star - the pastry cream had a wonderful balance of fresh vanilla and egg yolk with a flawless smoothness. The eclair's choux dough was rich and light - a difficult combination to achieve. Will return to sample the many breads. Store is tricky to navigate to - keep looking.
Comme être de retour à Paris. Merci!

Reviewed 14 December 2016

I have been to this bakery on several occasions and always find it to have the freshest and best bakery and bread goods. I recently bought eclairs, turnovers, and parisean bread which was excellent. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. The atmosphere is also quite pleasant. I highly recommend.