“A Different Campus Eatery”
Review of Nasher Museum Cafe

Nasher Museum Cafe
Ranked #100 of 812 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anderson
Description: The 100-seat indoor/outdoor Nasher Cafe overlooks the garden and sits adjacent to a Mark Di Suvero sculpture, providing a serene and beautiful ambience. The menu consists of soups, salads, sandwiches, and desserts.
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I was a little disappointed with my recent experience at the Nasher Cafe. My Diet Coke was flat (which I mentioned to the waiter, and got a fresh drink), and there was a hair (too short and dark to be my own) in my coconut gelato (which made me decide to stop eating). I did enjoy the veggie sandwich on whole wheat bread and pasta salad side, which were tasty.

The sandwich, soft drink, and gelato set me back $16 plus tip, which was a pricey mid-week lunch. Duke employees can use their employee flex accounts to pay, which is a plus.

That being said, I'll probably give the Nasher Cafe another try later I love the idea of a campus museum with its own cafe, and the atmosphere there was nice.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

The cafe is my favorite place to eat outdoors because the food is good and you look out over an expanse of grass dotted with cool art. Service is usually good, too. I really enjoy brunch on although they don't open until noon on Sundays,

The museum and gift shop are also worth regular visits.
The only down-side (for people over the age of 35) is that Duke students can eat here with the food card. They are always well-behaved, but it's a little disconcerting for someone who ate ramen in college! :-)

Reviewed 12 May 2012

It has 5 exhibit areas all coming off the main rotunda, which makes it very easy to view. Had a wonderful Calder exhibit which showed not only a great variety of Calder, but also wonderful younger artists that he influenced. Also terrific Romare Bearden exhibit. Very well thought out.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

A beautiful contemporary museum deserves a beautiful contemporary cafe. The Nasher has it all.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

The food is excellent, it is a brighly lit room with a view of the action in the museum. Friendly staff.